🔥Sixty-One🔥

Song: Intro: Serendipity- BTS (Jimin) 

"Hey, Mel." His deep voice greeted, and my heart dropped again. How was my brother-- dead for five years, by the way-- standing right in front of me?

"H-How are you here?" I asked, my voice shaky, and that same old boyish grin of his spread across his lips.

"I have some connections."

For a moment, I stared at him. Jessie was not only my big brother, but also my best friend. I believe he was dead. I watched them lower him into the ground. Yet, there he was, standing in front of me. He looked like he hadn't changed one bit. I was a little suspicious, but when I thought about everything I had lost in the past year, that suspicion was pushed to the back of my mind, and I wrapped my arms around Jessie, pulling him in for a tight hug.

"I missed you so much, Jess."

"I know, sis. I missed you too."

I held onto Jessie for a little longer, and then we pulled away. He smiled at me again, and I returned it.

"Well, come in. We have a lot to discuss." Theo said from behind me, and Jessie walked into the house. Theo started to walk down the hall toward his office, and Jessie and I followed. Once the three of us were in the room, Theo closed the door, motioning for us to sit. He sat in his desk chair, facing Jessie and I.

"Okay, first matter. You were dead for what, five years?" Theo glanced at me, and I nodded. His eyes locked on Jessie again. "How the hell are you here now?"

Jessie hesitated before sitting up straight. "I might have known a vampire before I died. I didn't want Mel to be in that type of world, so I kept it a secret. The vampire agreed to bring me back under the condition I stay dead for at least four years. She gave me some of her blood before I died, and brought me back as a vampire."

For a second, I didn't believe him, and he saw my disbelief. So, he took a deep breath, and a minute later, fangs were sticking out of his mouth and his eyes were scarlet red. I gasped in shock, while Theo stayed silent. My eyes traveled from his eyes to his fangs, and I couldn't process what was in front of me. My brother was alive, and he was a vampire.

"I'm going..." Theo trailed off, his eyes wide. "I'll be back."

Theo zipped out of the room, but I could tell by the look in his eyes-- something wasn't right. He knew something was wrong. I knew not only by the look in his eyes, but also by how unsteady he was. Once Theo was gone, the whole room grew silent, and I glanced at Jessie who had returned to his human form.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked, staring at me, and I hesitated before shaking my head.

"No, Jess. Theo is just extremely cautious. The pack's safety is very important to him." Jessie slowly shook his head before his gaze focused on something outside Theo's office window. We sat in silence until Theo walked back in, and his eyes were still a little unsteady, but he covered it with a smile.

"We have decided to let you join the pack." Theo announced, the same uneasy smile plastered on his face. "Hazel and Maggie are getting a room ready for you. Melody can show you to it."

Jessie shot him a grin. "Thanks, man. I'm just glad to see my sister again."

Jessie's gaze turned to me, and I returned a smile. Of course, I could tell something was off just as much as Theo could, but I was more excited about the fact that a piece of my family was back. Jessie was there, he was still my brother, and as we talked, it was as if he never left. Theo, Jessie, and I talked for a little longer before I showed Jessie to his room. His room was at the end of the other hall, and it was significantly smaller than the others, but he was happy with it. Him and I talked about what had happened during the past five years, and then he grew drowsy, so we agreed to continue talking the next morning.