🔥Thirty-Seven🔥

Song: Chasing Cars- Snow Patrol

Theo and I were standing in front of my old house. The house was covered in stone with a little burgundy roof, and a pathway aligned with purple and white flowers led to the front door. Flower pots filled with yellow flowers lied in the window sills, and a gentle breeze caused the willow tree sitting in the front yard to ruffle quietly.

As I stood there with Theo, I realized how much I missed home. I missed waking up every morning to see the sun shining through my bedroom window, and how Jessie would come in and make me laugh first thing. I missed how whenever Jessie and I would walk downstairs, mom and dad would be dancing around the kitchen to music as they cooked breakfast, and every evening, the four of us would go out back and mess around. Remembering our days in that house made me smile.

"How did I get here?" Theo mumbled to himself, and I faced him. My smile grew bigger at the thought of hearing him talk again, even though in reality, he was comatose.

"I brought us here." I responded, and he froze for a second before glancing at me. Theo walked closer until he was right in front of me, only a couple mere inches away.

"But... But I'm in a coma at the pack house." He glanced at my house. "And I've never seen this house before in my life."

I sighed as I faced my house, and Theo mimicked my moves. I glanced over at him to see he was watching me carefully. "You are in a coma, and you are at the pack house, but Tobias taught me how to get into people's minds and show them things. I brought you to my old house."

"Why did you bring me here?" He questioned, his eyebrows crinkled in confusion, and I shrugged. I had no idea why I took him there. It was the first place I thought of, and that's where my mind took us. Maybe it was because I wanted him to see a glimpse of my life before him, or maybe it was because the house always made me feel safe, just like Theo did. It could have been so I could be at my favorite place with the only person I could ever truly love, simply because Theo felt like home to me.

"I don't know. It just felt like the right place." Theo nodded, and we walked up the path to the front door. I took a deep breath before placing my hand on the knob and slowly turning it. When I entered the house, the first thing I noticed was the mouth watering aroma of pancakes and bacon flowing through the house, and I laughed quietly to myself. Mom always made pancakes and bacon on Saturdays. I walked down the hall until I found the open doorway to the kitchen. Mom was standing in front of the stove flipping pancakes, singing along to the radio playing throwback hits.

Dad entered the kitchen and walked straight to mom, planting a gentle kiss on her cheek and smiling at her. A small grin grew on her lips as she continued to sing, and until the memory, I never noticed the way dad stared at mom. He stared at her with so much love, so much adoration and amazement-- it was almost like how Tobias stared at cake.

Trust me, that was a lot of love right there.

I walked over beside mom and watched the two. Dad whispered something in mom's ear, and she let out a lively laugh. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

"Hi, mom. I miss you." I whispered, even though she couldn't hear me, and a single tear escaped my eye. I quickly wiped it away as Theo approached the three of us.

"Your parents really loved each other, didn't they?" I glanced over at him and nodded, and he continued to watch my parents. I watched them too, until Theo's warm hand grabbed mine, and I glanced down at our intertwined hands.

I missed the warmth of his touch.

"Let's go upstairs." I suggested, and Theo nodded. We left mom and dad, and walked up the staircase at the end of the hall. As I rounded the corner towards the bedrooms, the first thing I heard was a boy and girl laughing hysterically. I walked towards the sound, and as I opened the door to Jessie's bedroom, I found myself and Jessie sitting in his bean bag chairs, playing Super Mario on Wii.