🔥One🔥

Song: Radioactive- Imagine Dragons 

My eyes fluttered open. My whole body burned with pain, especially my wrist, neck, and mouth--specifically, my gums. I glanced around the dark room and saw nothing except a dim light hanging above me. Glancing down at my wrists, I found that they were tied to a metal chair. I pulled as hard as I could to break them, but it only caused my wrists to burn from the scratchy rope, and my ankles were also tied, considering they burned under the fabric of my jeans. I almost screamed, but a low, menacing chuckle echoed through the room.

"Well, well, well. The newborn finally wakes!"

All at once, the lights flickered on, and I realized I was in a warehouse. Equipment lined the walls, and on the shelf behind me, cargo boxes were stacked to the ceiling. Beside me was a table with blueprints, and in front of me, two huge metal doors.

Not to mention the tall, muscular, handsome guy smirking at me.

My eyes roamed over his body, trying to see if they deceived me. He was clad in a pair of black jeans and a black v-neck (defining his six-pack very well, by the way), a leather jacket stretching across his wide shoulders. His black converses appeared brand-new, except for the dirt peeking out from the bottom of the shoes. My eyes finally landed on his face, and my breath caught in my throat. The guy was drop dead gorgeous. He had a sharp jawline lined with stubble, dark brown hair-- messily styled, of course-- and the biggest dimples I had ever seen. When he spotted me checking him out, his smirk grew bigger.

"Put your tongue back in your mouth, sweetheart. I know I'm hot, but a picture lasts longer. Not only that, but I'd be more worried about the rest of your life."

I remembered the ties on my wrists and ankles and started to jerk around. Hot guy only snickered more. "Get me out of these before I end you!"

"End me?" He busted out laughing. "I'm like, twenty times stronger than you. You're only a newborn."

"I don't get what you mean by 'newborn'. I've been alive for eighteen years, dumbass." I gritted through ragged breaths from trying to get the ropes off, while he shot me a look, shaking his head.

"Whenever you can get yourself out of those ties, I'll tell you what I mean, Miss. Sass." He grabbed a chair and turned it around so the part that supported the back faced me. His legs were on both sides of the chair, and his arms casually laid across the top of it. The way he was sitting was too attractive to be real, and I wouldn't lie when I said it got me flustered. Honestly, how was that possible? I had just met the guy. It didn't help that his outfit, face, and hair screamed the whole mysterious hottie look. It wasn't a lie when they said every girl was a sucker for a mysterious guy with a nice face.

I sighed in frustration. No matter my efforts, I couldn't get those damn ties off, so I stopped trying. Eventually, he would have to give in. No guy would ever leave a girl hanging, right?

Right. No normal guy would. But hottie over there wasn't a normal guy. He was stubborn as hell.

I wish these ties would come off already...

I thought, and hottie opened his mouth to say something, but then his eyes widened, and he stared at my wrists in shock. The ties had untied themselves and slid off my wrists and ankles, causing me to stare in shock too.

"That's impossible..." He muttered to himself, while I stood up, did a victory dance, and glanced over at him to see him staring at me like I was mentally insane. I walked over to him, and he stood up, causing the brag in my throat to die. Not only was he hot, but he was inhumanly tall.

"How did I do that?" I asked, and he placed his hand on his chin, rubbing his stubble. Who knew someone could make rubbing their chin so attractive?