Chapter 16

SOPHIE
Buzz, buzz. I looked at my phone. I had a text from Grayson. "Do you wanna hang out tonight?" The text said. "Ya sure, what do you want to do?" I replied. "How about we go to see a movie, there's this new horror I want to watch" He replied. "Ya sounds good" I texted back. "Great, I'll pick you up at 7" he said. "See you later" I replied.

I turned to Abbie, and told her about the date. "Nice" She said. It was already 5pm. "I have to start getting ready" I said. "I'll help pick an outfit for you" Abbie said. "Um...no thanks, I'll pass on that one" I replied. "Okay then" Abbie said looking offended as she turned back to her phone. I looked in my closet. I pulled out my pair of ripped skinny jeans and my red jumper. I put them on and turned to Abbie. "Is this ok?" I asked. "I thought you didn't want my advice" Abbie replied. "Shut up, I was joking, of course I want your opinion" I said. "Yeah, it's nice" she said. "Okay thanks" I replied.

I went to the mirror to straighten my hair. I then went back to my room where Abbie was still on the bed. She was FaceTiming someone. "Who's that?" I asked her. "Shawn" she replied as she turned her phone around so I could see. "Oh, hi Shawn" I said. "Hi Sophie" he replied. Abbie turned her phone back around and continued talking to him. Wow those two were getting really close.

I went to sit beside Abbie on the bed. She ignored me for the next half an hour while she talked to Shawn. Eventually she hung up. "What are you gonna do while I'm gone?" I asked her. "I'm going to hang out with Shawn and Ethan" she replied. "Oh okay" I said. For the next hour we just talked until the doorbell rang.

I walked downstairs to open the door. Grayson stood there. "Hi" I said. "Hey, you look-" he started but was interrupted by what sounded like an elephant coming down the stairs. I turned around to see Abbie running down the stairs. She said hi to Grayson as she walked out the door. "She better be home by 10 Grayson" she said as she winked as him. "Bye Sophie, I'll see you tomorrow" she said to me. "Bye Abbie" I replied.

We got into Grayson's car. He drove us to movies. When we were parked he came around and opened my door for me. We walked inside and bought popcorn. We went and got our seats.

I had forgotten to tell Grayson that I hated horrors. Wow this should be fun I thought to myself. Five minutes into the movie and I was already screaming. Grayson obviously noticed. He put him arm around me to comfort me.

The movie eventually ended and we walked outside. "Oh my god, that was horrible" I said. Grayson laughed. "It wasn't that bad" he replied, "you just get scared easily." "I guess you're right" I laughed. "Are you hungry?" Grayson asked. "Yeah, starving" I replied. "Where do you want to go?" He asked. "How about chipotle?" I asked. "Yeah, I love it there" he replied.

We drove to chipotle and went to the drive thru. I ordered a burrito and Grayson did the same. We drove back to Grayson's house, where Abbie, Shawn and Ethan were. When we got back they were eating pizza. We ate our chipotle and then joined the rest of them in the living room. "Well, how was the date?" Ethan asked. "Good" I said. "Yeah well Sophie was almost crying at the movie" Grayson said laughing. "Shut up" I said while laughing, "I wasn't that bad."

Suddenly, we heard a voice come from the door of the living room. We turned and saw Cameron. She had a huge bandage on her nose from when I hit her. That was almost a week ago I must've got her good. She glared at me. "Nice nose" Abbie said. Shawn laughed but stopped quickly when Cameron shot him a glare. I stood up. "I should go now" I said. "Yeah you should" Cameron said rudely. "Cameron stop" Grayson said but she ignored him. "No it's fine, Grayson, I was about to go anyway." I said. "Okay I'll leave you out" Grayson said as he stood up. "We should go too" Abbie said, talking about her and Shawn. I said bye to Ethan and went to the door where Grayson hugged me and said bye. I thanked him for the date and left with Abbie and Shawn.