Chapter 7

ABBIE
"Time to get my tan on" Sophie said grabbing a blanket before sitting outside on the grass. "Oh wait I need to grab the speaker so we can listen to music" I said quickly running in to the house.

When I got to the kitchen my stomach began to grumble. I looked to my left and there was an apple. I then looked to my right and there was a slice of chocolate cake. There was no deciding. I quickly grabbed a fork and began to dig in.

A couple minutes later I was still stuffing my mouth, when I heard the door creak. Sophie stepped in. She looked as if she'd given up. "Abbie what are you doing , my mom needed that slice of cake for a party she's going to later on". "Whoops" I said with the cake crumbs falling down my top.

"Come on Abbie we need to get a tan we look like pasty fat cows" Sophie said. "Okay I'm on my way now" I said running back outside.

When we got outside we lay down, blaring music. A couple of minutes later a shadow covered us. "Your blocking my rays" Sophie said annoyed. We looked up to see Cameron staring innocently in to our eyes. " I'm so sorry Abbie and Sophie" Cameron said upset. " No you're grand" I said elbowing Sophie in the side. "Come tan with us" I said.  She laughed and sat down with us.

For the rest of the day we just sat down and talked. Cameron was so nice. I wonder what happened and why she changed? Oh well we'll get back to that later. We invited her back that night to watch Love island and eat Ben and Jerry's. Cameron invited us to her house after school the next day. We had basketball training after school that day but we said we'd go to her house after.