Chapter 8

SOPHIE
School was boring as usual, Abbie failed maths, no surprise there lol. We had basketball after school. Our coach made us do sprints the whole time ugh. We were practicing for our cup final a few weeks later.

When training was over we walked home to change out of our gear and into shorts and t-shirts. We walked over to Cameron's house, two houses away from mine. We knocked on the door. To our surprise, it wasn't Cameron who opened the door. It was the boy from the basketball game with the feather earring. It was Grayson. I was in shock. "Hi Sophie" he said.

"Oh sorry, this must be the wrong house, we're looking for Cameron" I said. "No, this is the right house, she's my sister, she's just gone to the shop to get some food", he replies. "Do you wanna come in?". "Yeah sure", Abbie said, already stepping through the door. I rolled my eyes at her. Someday my eyes are going to roll out of my head because of how much I do that.

I still hadn't moved. "Are you gonna come in or are you just gonna keep standing there and staring at me" he laughed. Oh shit. "Yeah sorry" I replied quickly as I stepped through the door. My cheeks flushed red. We walked towards the living room and I took a seat beside Abbie. "This is awkward, I hope Cameron comes back soon", I thought to myself.

Abbie started talking about the game last weekend and how they played really well. The boys were asking us about ourselves and asked if we played any sports. We said we played basketball and that we were co-captains of the school team. "Woah, ye must be really good so, we'll have to go to some of you're games", Grayson said. "We have a game next Saturday if ye wanna come" I said. Grayson smiled at me. "Ya I'll be coming anyway" He replied, "what about you Ethan?". "Sure, I'll come" Ethan said.

"I'm gasping, can I get a drink of water?" Abbie bursts out. Really? way to ruin the moment Abbie. Ethan stood up and told her to come to the kitchen to get water. I silently pleaded with Abbie not to go, but she didn't get the hint. Of course. Now I was just sitting in the living room alone with Grayson. How awkward. However, I took this time to look at him, and I mean properly look at him. He was honestly gorgeous. He was so tanned. His jawline was so perfect and so sharp. His eyes were a brownish greenish colour that were so beautiful, I couldn't help staring at him.

It was silent for a few minutes before Grayson started talking. "You just had training, did you?" He said. I blushed, I was probably a ball of sweat. "Yeah sorry, Abbie and I just got back, we were practicing for our cup final in a few weeks", I replied. " Yeah I'll definitely be at your game on Saturday" he said with a smile. " Don't worry though I won't cheer too loud, I'm sure your boyfriend would get annoyed." Woah, he thinks I have a boyfriend? "I don't have a boyfriend" I replied.

"What??" He said. "Um...yeah, I don't have a boyfriend" I laughed. "Surely someone like you  would have a boyfriend?"he said. "Nope" I replied as my cheeks probably turned a bright shade of red.

Suddenly the door burst open and Abbie and Ethan walked in laughing. For once Abbie actually did have good timing. I looked up again and saw that Grayson was still looking at me. My heart began to race again. Luckily, we heard Cameron coming through the front door. Abbie ran out to help her. As I got up to follow I noticed Grayson still smiling at me. I smiled back and then followed Abbie out the door.