Chapter 14

SOPHIE
I woke up and immediately felt a sharp pain on my cheek. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. There was a big bruise on my cheek. Crap. Memories of the night before came flooding back. Ugh, what did I get myself into.

I got dressed and went to Abbie's house. We ate pancakes and left for school. When we got there everyone was staring at us. "Why's everyone staring at us?" I asked Abbie. "Not us, just you." Abbie said. We got to our lockers and everyone crowded around us. "What happened with you and Cameron?" Sharpay asked. "Go away, highway tragedy", Abbie said, "go find some other drama to gossip about." Out of nowhere, Cameron walked past us and glared at me. I threw her a dirty look and Abbie followed my lead.

The crowd eventually started walking away. Once everyone had left, Ethan and Grayson walked over to us. "That's looks sore," Ethan said pointing to my bruise, "are you okay?" "Yeah I'm fine." "Can we talk later about last night" Grayson asked. "Sure, I'll talk to you after training" I said. I was so nervous, what would he say?

Classes were boring as usual. Abbie almost cried going into maths like always. Finally the bell went and school was finished. We walked over to the gym for basketball training. We got changed in the dressing rooms and went out to the court. I began to warm up with Abbie when the coach called me over. I reluctantly walked over to him. "What happened to your face, Sophie?" "It doesn't matter coach, it was an accident." I replied. "I know about the fight Sophie. If you keep that up there's only going to be one captain tomorrow night, and it's not going to be you." "Okay, coach, I understand" I mumbled. "I expected better from you Sophie." he said as I walked away, "I thought you were the good one, I would've expected it more from Abbie but not you." Abbie suddenly shouted over to us "I would have expected it from me too coach". I smiled at her as I walked back to her.

Training finished and I was sitting in my room, without Abbie for once. It felt weird without her. She was with Shawn. Apparently they talked a lot last night. That's what Ethan told me anyway. I got ready to see Grayson. Oh god, what was he going to say. He probably didn't like me anymore, I thought. I knew I shouldn't have punched Cameron. He's probably so annoyed, I thought to myself.

I walked to the park by myself and saw Grayson sitting on one of the benches. I walked over to him and sat down next to him. I was so nervous. He could probably hear my heart beating, it was so loud. It was so silent in the Park aswell. "Hey Sophie" he said. He seemed nervous aswell. He didn't even call me Soph. I was prepared for the worst.

"Look, last night"- he started but I cut him off. "Look I understand if you don't like me after last night, I'm sorry, I'll just leave." I stood up to go but he grabbed my hand. "No Sophie, that's not what I was going to say. I was actually gonna just ask you if you wanted to be my girlfriend?" He asked nervously. My jaw dropped. "Yeah of course I want to be your girlfriend." I said excitedly. He smiled. He leaned in and kissed me.

We were walking home and it was so cold. I was shivering and he saw me. "Are you cold?" He asked concerned. "No no I'm fine" I said as my teeth were chattering. He began to take off his hoodie and gave it to me. When we reached my house. I began to take off the hoodie so I could give it back to him. "No you can keep it" he said smiling at me. "I already have one of yours" I said confused. "Well now you have two" he said smirking. I walked up to my doorstep. He smiled at me. He then turned around and walked home.