Chapter 12

SOPHIE
It was Sunday night. The night of the party. The night my life changed. I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing short denim shorts and a tight white crop top. I had my bikini on underneath because it was a pool party. My hair was in a messy bun. I was wearing slides.

I walked downstairs and out the door. I took ten steps and I was at Abbie's door. She opened the door and woah, she actually looked like a girl. She was wearing shorts and a red top with slides and her hair was in a ponytail. "You look nice" I complimented her. "Woah that's the first time you've ever complimented me, are you feeling ok?" She replied. "Can't you just take my compliment?" I said back to her. She just rolled her eyes and laughed.

We walked to Grayson's- I mean Cameron's house, oh god I did it again. We knocked on the door. There was no answer. "Oh look the back gate is open" Abbie said and walked straight through. I followed after her reluctantly. We gasped when we reached the garden. There must have been around 70 people there, most of them were in the pool.

I saw Grayson and walked over to him. Abbie went over to Ethan. "Hey Grayson" I said. "Hey Soph" he replied. "There's so many people here" I said in awe. "Yeah I guess" Grayson replied. We chatted for ages. After a while, I glanced around looking for Abbie, but instead my eyes met the one person i wasn't expecting to see. Sharpay. She was glaring at me and Grayson. "What's her problem?" I asked
Grayson. He turned around and followed my gaze. "I don't know, but don't worry about her" he replied reassuringly. I smiled at him.

We turned around and went to get pizza. I was walking over to the table and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walking towards me. It was Sharpay. She was wearing a pink dress with a pink Gucci bag. Her hair was pinned back with a sparkly metallic hairband. She was holding a drink in her hand. "Oh god" I thought to myself "what does she want now?". I turned to look at Grayson and when I turned back around, her drink was all over my white top.

"Oops sorry" she says in a high pitched sarcastic tone. I was so embarrassed. Almost everyone had seen what had just happened. I started crying as I ran inside to the bathroom to clean my top. Where's Abbie?? I was trying to wipe my tears away and clean my top. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. "Eventually, Abbie's here." I thought to myself. I opened the door and to my surprise I saw not Abbie, but Grayson standing there.

He looked at me carefully. "Are you okay?" He asked. It seemed like he was genuinely concerned for me. "Yeah but my top is ruined" I replied, trying to hold back the tears. "I'll get you one of my jumpers upstairs, wait here" he said. He rushed out the door and was back within two minutes, holding a grey hoodie for me. I thanked him. He left the room while I changed into it.

It smelled just like him and it was way too big for me. He came back when I had changed and he looked at me and smiled. "You can keep that for as long as you'd like" he said. "Thanks Grayson" I replied. I started crying again but I don't even know why. He came over to me and wiped a tear off my face. "What's wrong Soph?" he asked. "Why does she hate me so much?" I cried. "I don't know what I ever did to her". "She's just jealous" Grayson said. "She's jealous of what?"I replied "She's way prettier than me anyway and gets everything she wants". "That's not true" Grayson said. "You're gorgeous Sophie. You know you're the only girl who isn't falling for me and it's killing me" he said.

A/N- sorry we know that was really cringy but deal with it. :)