the last day of summer

Anne's P.O.V
"Anne! What are you doing up at 5:00 am?" Marilla questioned. "Oh Marilla, 5:00 am is the exact time for when all the little bunnies with the fluffiest of tails come to take the fruit from our dazzling berry bushes! I find them ever so marvelous. So I have to go now before it's too late!" Anne began to rush out the door quickly. "Put on a coat Anne! It's freezing in the morning!" Marilla yelled. "Sorry Marilla" Anne yelled back. She quickly put on her warmest winter coat and dashed outside as quickly as she could to see the bunnies. "She's so old school." Marilla laughed. "She sure is." Matthew smiled.
"Oh aren't you all beauty's. You guys sure love our berry bushes. Marilla and Matthew insisted on putting bunny poison near our bushes to stop you guys from eating our berries, but I find that horrific, I cried for several days until they finally agreed to not put poison down. You guys can thank me later." Anne said while picking off some blueberries and popping them into her mouth one by one.
(7:00 pm)
"Oh Marilla I had the most wonderful conversation with our exquisite little friends outside, they're silent but I believe they have a lot to say, I also snacked on a few blue berries with them, it was devine." Anne said slowly day dreaming. "Anne Shirley Cuthbert, how many times do I have to tell you to wash fruit before you eat it! You'd think a smart girl like you would know by now based on the many times I've told you." Marilla shook her head. "Sorry Marilla, I always forget! I just have so many other things on my mind that I can't seem to focus or remember to wash them." Anne apologized. "It's alright, help me set the table please, dinner is done." Marilla insisted. "Finally! It smells amazing, burritos are my favorite!" Anne cheered.
"I want you to get a good nights sleep so you won't be too tired for your first day back at school tomorrow morning. Do not stay up late young lady." Marilla stated. "Understood" Anne agreed. "Are you excited to go back kiddo?" Matthew asked. "More than you know Matthew! I'm not excited about being teased again but I'm very excited to see my beloved Diana, Ruby, and all the other girls. I wonder if I'll have a class with Gil- I mean, hopefully I have classes with some friends this year!" Anne chatted. "Have you happened to talk to Gilbert Blythe at all this summer Anne? I'm sure he's doing well with Sebastian and Mary, they make a beautiful family!" Marilla questioned. "Haven't seen him nor talked to him, and I don't intend to when school starts up again. And, They do make a beautiful family indeed." Anne firmly stated. "Ok then." Marilla smirked.
Once Anne was finished eating dinner she ran upstairs to her room, to prepare her backpack and figure out what she was going to wear tomorrow.
"Trousers or shorts? Trousers or shorts? Ugh I can't choose!" Anne said frustrated. "I have to call Diana." She insisted.
(Phone call)
Anne: "Diana this is urgent"
Diana: "What is it, is everything alright?"
Anne: "No actually! I have no idea whether to wear trousers or shorts tomorrow, why is it so hard to choose"
Diana: "I got you girl, definitely shorts, it's still summer remember? You're going to be way too hot wearing trousers tomorrow Anne, trust me."
Anne: "Ugh Diana that makes so much sense! I love you, I love you! Thank you so much, bye see you tomorrow!"
Diana: " *sigh My best friend only uses me when she needs help."
Anne: "Oh shut up."
(Call ended)
"Diana you truly are a life saver." Anne smiled to herself. For the rest of her outfit, she decided to wear a maroon long sleeve body suit, white high top converse, and her shell necklace. "Tomorrow is a new day, and a new school year. How terrific." Anne smiled to herself. She listened to Marilla's orders to fall asleep early, she didn't want to be desperately tired in the morning. She wanted to be filled with enough energy to get her through the whole day.

Sorry, hehe this chapter is really short! But fear not, there are many more marvelous chapters to come...<3 Also quick note, I made Anne stay very old school with her words and the way she talks because I have a reason for that and it makes sense later on in the story :)! Anddd there won't be a BUNCH of Shirbert stuff at first because I have to introduce all the characters again and build the story up a bit first, buttt there will still be a few. Maybe some in the next chapter...?😏 It will get VERY focused on shirbert later on in the story. Hope you're at least kind of enjoying it so far 🤧😂❤️ (if you didn't come from my Instagram feel free to follow me @/ Byers.babe)