Maybe you're not so bad after all

Anne's p.o.v.

"Anne...you look-"

"Wahhhwahhhhwahhh." Mary ran into the front room with a crying Thomas in her hand. "Oh I'm sorry! I wasn't interrupting anything was I?" Mary asked. "Not at all." Gilbert shook his head and gave Mary a small smile. Anne examined Gilbert, and thought to herself......."what was he going to say?"

"Well Thomas and I apologize for entering so loudly, I just wanted to come in and greet you guys before you came to the table, I didn't want to seem rude." Mary laughed. "Oh it's alright, you're a lovely woman Mary, it is great to see you again—And you little Thomas." Marilla smiled. "Nice to see you Mary." Matthew shook her hang, whilst giving Thomas a little wink. "Mary. Thomas." Anne giggled. "Oh Anne! You look gorgeous." Mary cheered. "I'm no where near the definition of gorgeous not even the slightest, but thank you Mary." Anne smiled. "Nonsense." Marilla rolled her eyes at Anne. "Well come on now! I'm starvin! Let's head to the table and feast!" Bash chuckled. Everyone laughed and chatted as they headed to the dining room table. Everybody chose a seat of their choice. Anne was across from Bash, next to Mary and Thomas, diagonal from Gilbert, one seat away from Marilla, and two seats away from Matthew. (we love a specific sister, lmao ew sorry okay back to the chapter aye!).

"Oh wow! The food on this table looks absolutely exquisite, you've outdone yourselfs!" Anne cheered. "Yellow curry is a new favorite of mine!" Anne smiled, diving into the divine curry. "Well thank you Ms. Anne—compliments from you are always a great pleasure!" Bash stated. Everyone continued chit-chatting about school, work, and anything else that interested them.

"Well that dinner was spectacular." Marilla chuckled, whilst wiping her mouth with a napkin. " Anne, Gilbert, do you two mind washing these dirty dishes? We'd like to show Marilla and Matthew some of our old books." Mary asked.
"Of course." Gilbert and Anne chimed at the same time. They both looked at each other and laughed it off.

Anne and Gilbert were silently washing the dishes right beside eachother, before Gilbert decided to break the awkward but decent silence. "So, um...did you enjoy supper? I mean like uh did the food taste alright?" Gilbert nervously questioned. "The food was absolutely splendid! D-did you help make it?" Anne smiled. "Yea actually, Bash is usually pretty selfish in the kitchen but he let me help out this time with the curry. I'm really glad you enjoyed it." Gilbert turned to look at Anne. Anne was still washing the dishes when she noticed him looking at her. She looked up at him, slowly falling into his gaze—"u-um yea haha me too! Would've been awfully terrible if it wasn't good right!" Anne laughed, nervously looking down. "Right." Gilbert chuckled still admiring Anne.

"Anddd...last one!" Anne cheered. "Yes! Finally we're done with the dishes." Gilbert laughed. The both headed to the little hand towel hanging from the handle bar of the oven to dry their hands. Their hands meant as they both reached for the towel. They both looked at each other, this is the closest they've ever been before. Anne's gaze was locked, she felt as if it time stopped. She thought to herself. "Snap out of it." "What am I doing?" "Why can't I move?" "Come on Anne just turn or back away." But she couldn't do any of that, she didn't want to move. And she hated that.
"B-back when you first came in, you know when I didn't get to finish what I was going to say. Well I wanted to say that you look-"

"It's time to go Anne!" Marilla came in, laughing loudly with Mary. Anne and Gilbert quickly jumped away from one another. "Did you guys have fun washing dishes together?" Mary teases. "It wasn't terrible." Gilbert chuckled sarcastically. They all started to head towards the front door, Anne smiled at Gilbert. "Yea, maybe you're not so bad after all." Anne giggled. Everyone said their goodbyes as Anne, Matthew, and Marilla headed out the door.

"Cya Anne." Gilbert had a warm smile on his face.

"Goodbye Gilbert." Anne chuckled.

-my little heart HAHA sorry it took me so long to update peeps, as usual🤪🤧🤸‍♂️