Supper

Anne's p.o.v

"Tonight we'll be going to supper at Gilbert Blythe's House, he's invited us and it would only be polite that we go. Don't you think Anne." Marilla politely stated.

"And yet she sings with glee! Oh mister I must marry thee!"

"Anne!"

"Oh how their love was so very strong"

"Anne!"

"They expressed with more than the simplicity of a song!"

"Anne Shirley Cuthbert listen to me this instant!" Marilla yelped.

Anne instantly snapped out of her wonderful daze. "Sorry Marilla! I couldn't help but create my own song as I imagined the most tragical romance story..." Anne sat there with a soft smile. "Is it because I mentioned Gilbert Blythe?" Marilla smirked. "Yes- WHAT no! No no no! Ugh Marilla!" Anne yelled. "I'm only kidding Anne, but you must get dressed. You only have about 30 minutes before we are leaving so be quick please." Marilla said. Anne was going to state a come-back but she decided to leave it be.

"Gilbert Blythe's house for supper. Eh" Anne whispered to herself as she walked up the stairs into her room.
Anne had a sudden feeling that she had to look her best for tonight's dinner. She hated that. She didn't let her mind wonder and decided not to think much about it though. "What should I wear...ugh! What do you even wear to a dinner?" Anne groaned.

"Wait...Yes perfect perfect perfect! Oh how gleeful you've made me." Anne cheered, kissing the clothing item she found.
Anne picked out a beautiful red velvet dress to wear to supper. It wasn't anything super fancy, it was actually pretty casual. She was going to wear some black strap sandals to add to the look. She decided to put her hair back in a long fish tail braid; she added a piece of red velvet to the end of her braid and tied it into a bow, to help compliment her dress. For her makeup she did her every-day look, she didn't feel like putting a lot of effort into her makeup since she didn't have much time anyways. Lastly she put on some ruby earrings that matched perfectly with her whole appearance . "Done!" Anne smiled.

"Oh you look absolutely spectacular Anne! I was afraid you would be underdressed for this supper! I forgot to mention to you to put something nicer on. Anyways I'm glad you did, you look wonderful." Marilla stated. Anne sat there a little stunned for a moment. Marilla has never complimented her so nicely before. Yes, Anne knew she cared for her but she never thought this would be something she'd say. "You look great kiddo! Matthew cheered. "Thank you Matthew and thank you Marilla." Anne giggled, emphasizing the "You" when thanking Marilla.
"Are we ready to go?" Anne questioned. "We sure are." Matthew smiled. They all proceeded to the car, ready to head to Gilbert's house for supper.

*knock knock knock*

"Hello! Welcome welcome, we're so glad that you guys could make it to suppa!" Bash cheered. "How could we miss out!" Marilla laughed. "It is great to see you again Anne, you look dashing indeed." Sebastian smiled. "Thank you Sebastian." Anne wiggled her eyebrows. They both giggled. "Why don't you all come in." Bash smiled. The Cuthbert's proceeded to walk in as Matthew gave Bash a handshake and a genuine smile. "Gilbert, Mary, Thomas, our guests are here!" Bash yelled.
Gilbert came out of the kitchen, looking as dashing as ever. He had a black button-up long sleeve, paired with a pair of black jeans. His outfit was simple but he looked absolutely handsome.
His eyes instantly fell on Anne and he grew speechless, slowly walking towards everyone to greet them. Anne gave Gilbert a soft smile.Gilbert gave one as well, one which never left his face.

"Anne...you look-

Haha y'all thot
You'll have to wait till the next chapter!!!
❤️❤️❤️I'm very sorry it took me so long to update, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It was VERY rushed and I didn't really want to publish it but I had to get something in for you guys so I hope it was at least slightly entertaining haha <3. I really don't like this chapter I apologize omg :/.