Ruby

Ruby
Ruby is a name
It's a name that can describe any person in the world
It's a beautiful name with meaning
It holds a special place in many peoples hearts
Ruby is delicate
Ruby is special
Ruby is a friend
Ruby is a person to love
Ruby is someone who deserves to be happy
Ruby is someone who does not deserve to be broken
Ruby is someone who shouldn't have love stripped away from them
Ruby is someone who deserves happiness
Ruby deserves a lover

Ruby doesn't deserve to get that taken away by someone whom they cherish and by someone whom cherishes them...

Ruby doesn't deserve betrayal
Ruby doesn't deserve her friends
Ruby doesn't deserve the one friend who turns their back
Ruby doesn't deserve the friend who stole the only person she wanted
Ruby deserves to be happy
Not them...

Anne's p.o.v

*knock knock knock
Anne heard three knocks on her bedroom door and quickly crumbled up the piece of paper she was writing on, and threw it into her trashcan. "Ugh yes? Who is it?" Anne questioned. "It's Ruby, can I come in?" She squeaked. Anne's face became flustered. "Ugh-Ugh yea sure of course, come in." She stuttered. Ruby walked in with a serious face. "Anne. We need to talk." Ruby stated. Anne started to feel nervous, uncomfortable butterflies started to race through her stomach. "About what." She whispered. "Did Diana tell you?" Anne blurted out. "Tell me about what!? No silly! I was going to tell you that I get to go to Hawaii over spring break! I tried to do the whole serious act and then be like BOOM! But I guess that didn't work." Ruby chuckled. A feeling of relief washed over Anne's entire body. "I'm so excited for you Ruby! I hope you have a marvelous time!" Anne giggled. "Thanks, and did you say something about Diana?" Ruby questioned. "Ugh no, I was thinking of something else haha. Is that all you came here to tell me?" Anne stated. "Yup! Sorry I just needed to tell someone! And you're the first person I thought of! You're such an amazing friend Anne, I don't know what I would do without you." Ruby smiled.

Anne smiled

It slowly faded as Ruby left the room.

"That was a close one." Anne sighed.

"Oh and one more thing!" Ruby hopped back into Anne's room.

"I just wanted to say how much I love and cherish you. You've always been there for me and I appreciate every minute I get to spend with you! You're loyal, trustworthy, beautiful, and you would never ever turn your back on me, would you Anne?" Ruby stated.

Anne sat there, flustered.

"Never." She forced a smile.

"And that's why I love you! Anyways bye Anne see you when school starts up again!" Ruby cheered, and skipped out of the room.

Anne shut her door to stop and think for a minute, she was so stressed out about Ruby that she fell asleep. She has feelings for the guy her friend has always wanted, what is she supposed to do?

An hour later:

"Anne? Anne? Can I come in? Are you in there?" Anne heard a familiar voice as she opened her eyes from the hour nap she took. "What? Yea sure come in." She replied lazily with a yawn.

The knob twisted and Gilbert Blythe stood in Annes doorway.

"Hey." Gilbert smiled.

Anne weakly lifted her head up, still tired from her nap.

"Hey." Anne waved.

"How've you been?" Gilbert's eyes glistened.

Hey guys I apologize for not updating in basically a month, I've been so stressed and tired lately so I haven't had inspiration to write! This was kind of a lazy chapter so my apologizes but I promise you the next one will have some good stuff! <3