New years resolutions

The white winter snow glistened down every street and road in Avonlea. Christmas lights were kept up to spread joy for the quick approaching of the new year. It was time to make resolutions before the last day of 2018 was over.

Anne's p.o.v

(Phone call)
Diana: "Hey gir-"
Anne: "DIANA!!! This is an absolute catastrophe!" Anne sobbed.
Diana: "What Anne!? What happened?" Diana asked worriedly.
Anne: "I got the invitation for your New Years party in the mail. And this whole morning I've been trying to think of New Years resolutions for myself, but I CAN'T." Anne groaned.
Diana: "Oh Anne, you're incredibly creative and intelligent. You'll be able to think of solid resolutions in no time! Just make them before 8 pm tonight. Can't wait to see you at my party bye!" Diana stated quickly, and then hung up the phone.
(Phone call ended)

Anne rolled her eyes and walked over to her window whilst scanning over a small rectangular piece of paper.

"Diana's New Years celebration!"
"Think of your top 10 New Years resolutions and write them down on a piece of paper, bring that paper to the party and at mid- night (after your New Years kisses ;) ) you will trade this paper with someone next to you. There will be drinks (non alcoholic, sorry high schoolers), Food and plenty of delicious snacks to last the whole night. The party is at 8pm and will last till 1:00am. Look nice, but not too fancy! Most of all I hope you come and have an amazing time! Au revoir <3

Diana basically invited the entire school to her house. Everyone knew who she was. Every sophomore would most likely show up. Freshmen definitely would. Juniors for sure, and even a good amount of seniors would come. Diana was beautiful, outgoing, and nice to everyone. Anne couldn't even count the amount of boys that were obsessed with her. Anne wished she was as stunning as her darling Diana. She called herself the ugly friend. Anne didn't believe she could ever be beautiful or popular. But she's reassured herself that in the end and in general, popularity does not matter and it won't get you anywhere.

Anne quickly switched her thoughts to the fact that she only had a few hours to create a list of ten New Years resolutions and she hasn't thought of ANY.

(A few hours later)

"Marilla!!!!!!!!!" Anne screamed. "I only have 2 more hours to think of New Years resolutions for Diana's party and I haven't thought of ANY!" Anne groaned. Marilla looked up and sighed. "You're creative, you'll think of something." Marilla groaned. Matthew chuckled and gave a reassuring wink to Anne. Anne stood on the stares-not knowing what to do. Until...

She gazed at the small round clock on one of the walls down stairs. She listened closely to the sound it made.

Tik tok...
Tik tok...
Tik tok...

"That's it!" Anne yelled. She quickly sprinted up to her room and started writing on a blank sheet of paper. "Resolution 1, there's no time to waste. I need to take this quote to my advantage. Not only in relationships but also self succession."
"Wonderful!!! Only 9 more to go." She cheered.

(8:15 pm, Diana's New Years Celebration)

Anne quickly strapped on her shoes, grabbed her purse, and took another close look at herself in the mirror. Anne was wearing a sparkly dark blue body-con turtleneck dress with silver matte heels, small silver hoop earrings, a sparkly diamond bracelet, and a long silver necklace with a small hoop at the end. For her makeup she had on dark violet lipstick, black eyeliner, mascara, blush, foundation, and highlighter. She wore her hair up in a high-ponytail with two fish tail braids on the sides of her head, tied up with it.

This look was nothing near Anne's regular style whatsoever, but Diana told her to go out of the box and try something new-just for tonight. Anne felt like a completely different person, but not in a totally bad way. She liked this "new look" because it made her feel strong and powerful. But she wasn't sticking to this look for long.

"Oh well look at you! You're gorgeous!" Matthew cheered. "Not even the slightest, but thank you so much Matthew." Anne chuckled. "Anne we better head out now you don't want to be later than you already are-" Marilla paused and stared at Anne. "My goodness! You look grown!" Marilla sat there with widened eyes. Anne rolled her eyes and headed out the door; grabbing one of her small jackets on the way out. Matthew gave Marilla a "look" and a sigh. "W-well I didn't meant it like that! It's just I'm not used to seeing her look so old..." Marilla sighed.

(Diana's house)

"Anne before you leave. I d-didn't meant to offend you in the house earlier. You've just grown so much a-and it well...well it scares me a little......Anyways you should be on your way now. H-have fun!" Marilla reassured. Anne gave Marilla a soft smile and opened the car door. She walked to Diana's front door with pride and resolutions ready to go in her hand. "W-Wait! Anne! You forgot your jacket!" Marilla shouted. But it was too late, Anne had already turned the corner and was out of Marillas sight. Marilla groaned and just decided to drive off.

As Anne stood at the door she could already see tons of people inside, there were even couples making out in Diana's front yard. The music from inside the house was so loud that Anne's ears felt like they were going numb. "Anne!!! I'm so glad you could make it! You look divine! Come in! The party is crazy!" Diana cheered. Anne chuckled. The house was dark but there were colorful lights being projected everywhere. Tons of students were dancing, hanging, talking, and kissing. Anne was astonished at how many people were at this party. There was definitely 100+ people there. Anne recognized a few people she knew as she walked through the crowds with Diana.

"Anne!!!" Tilly, Ruby, and Jane all yelled at once. All three of the girls rushed towards Anne and embraced her in tight hugs. "You. Look. GORGEOUS." Ruby smiled. "Amazing!" Jane complimented. "Beautiful as always!" Tilly giggled. Anne laughed. "Same for all three of you!" She cheered.

"Have you guys seen Gilbert anywhere? I only saw him once for about three seconds, but those three seconds were probably the best three seconds I've ever had in my entire life and existence because I don't think Gilbert Blythe has ever looked that good in his." Ruby said all in one breath. "You've really gotten better at talking fast." Diana chuckled. "I'm going to go set up the microphone since I have to be up there during the countdown." Diana assured. "Alrighty!" Anne smiled.
Anne put her attention back on Ruby. "W-Wait so you said that Gilbert is here? Like STILL here?" Anne asked worriedly. "Yes! I suppose he's still here. But oh Anne you should have seen how handsome he looked! Hopefully you get to tonight..." Runy trailed off. "I hope not. I-i mean yea! I totally hope so!...Anne chuckled nervously. "You're so strange Anne." Ruby replied.

"We're gonna go get some cider, you guys wanna come?" Jane asked Ruby and Anne. "Yup!" Ruby smiled. "Yea sure just give me a second."Anne stated.

She opened her purse and slipped her New Years resolutions paper in it since she was getting tired of holding it around. "Okay I'm ready-" Anne looked around to see no sight of her friends. "Of course." Anne sighed to herself. She was now lost in a crowd of people. She started to push away through cheerful teens, hoping to find her friends.

Anne finally saw a view of her friends in the kitchen, pouring themselves each a glass of sparkling cider. "Finally" she thought to herself. Anne was almost to the kitchen when she bumped into someone.

People started to crowd by her and this person, so they were stuck against eachother. She knew when she looked up that they would be a little too close for comfort. But she had to.

"S-sorry" her and the person chimed at the same time. She recognized that voice...

She stared deeply into there eyes, lost in the moment.

The other person did the same.

Anne's p.o.v. Gilbert's p.o.v

"Gilbert." Anne stood "Anne." Gilbert
in shock. stood in shock.

-what's gonna happen next!!!😱 I have no idea either because I haven't written the next chapter yet hehe. I apologize for this chapter taking so long! This was actually supposed to come out sometime between January 2-4 so I'm sorry for it coming out so late! But I hope you enjoyed because as usual, this chapter was rushed. Also I start school again tomorrow so I'm not sure when I'll have time to write the next chapter but we'll see folks! Hopefully it comes out sometime this week! Anyways peace and Adios! <3💛💛💛