New Year New Love

Gilbert's p.o.v

Gilbert showed up to Diana's party quite early with a few of his best buds. He was excited to have a fun night but at the same time crowded high school parties weren't his desired cup of tea.

"Hey Gil! Its good to see you bud!" A dirty blonde kid shouted as he walked past Blythe. "Hey Dylan! You too man!" He shouted back, flashing a smile. Gilbert was walking through the crowds of people, he wasn't sure what he was looking for...or who he was looking for. He was just curious. He know he shouldn't be thinking of her because he promised himself he wouldn't, but he could only wonder if she was going to be there. Gilbert took a quick glance behind him and when he looked back he instantly bumped into someone. He heard her voice...HER voice apologizing for bumping into him. Even over the loud music he knew exactly who it was, even though she'd only said one word to him. When he looked up his eyes met with one stunning freckled red-head.

After months of not talking, after weeks of not being able to see one another. Here she was, right in front of him, their faces only inches apart.

Anne's p.o.v

"U-um Hey." They both stuttered at the same time, still shocked. This is the very first time Anne couldn't take her eyes off of Gilbert, their eye contact has always been powerful but she was always the one to look away, never being able to hold his strong stare. But this time was different, her heart was beating a mile a minute and she could barely think. Not once did she break her eyes from his. His beautiful eyes gave her comfort and butterflies. Before their eyes meant she did take a quick glance at his appearance. Gilbert had a navy blue button up that had 2 buttons undone. He had black skinny jeans and a pair of black and white vans on. His hair was styled in his usual curls which fell perfectly on his eyebrows.

"I-it's really good to see you again." He smiled. "Y-yea you too." Anne smiled back."Uh do you want to-" Gilbert was cut of by Diana's voice through a microphone. They hadn't even realized that the countdown for New Years has already begun. "3!...2...!...1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" Everyone at the party shouted. Couples and random people were kissing. Anne and Gilbert watched all the happy people share their New Years kisses. Anne looked back up at Gilbert.

"Do you want to go outside?" She asked and smiled. "You read my mind." Gilbert replied with a wide smile. Anne stares at him trying to hold it in but she couldn't. "Welll...technically you were going to ask me it about three seconds ago if we're looking at it in a factual manner-" She started to ramble. "Never mind." Anne laughed. Gilbert chuckled and admired the ginger beauty in front of him. "Shall we go." Anne stated grabbing Gilbert hand. "Yes we shall." He laughed holding his hand with hers. They weaved through the crowds of high school students and headed out Diana's front door. Anne couldn't lie to herself anymore, because she couldn't help but miss one tall wavy headed boy. She was happy because she knew that once they went outside they would be able to talk, just them two. They would be able to have a genuine conversation and truly get to know and learn more about one another. Tonight was the night for them to connect, and they both knew it. Anne thought to herself.

"It's 2019, a new year. I have to be bold and like my first New Years resolutions, there's no time to waste..."

-I apologize for it being so short but I wanted to get something in for you guys! The next chapter is gonna make you all extremely happy lmao, y'all are probably gonna SCREAM. Hehe I have good ideas for it!!! So stay tuned. Anyways peaceee outtt homiezzz!😘😘😘❤️💛❤️💛❤️💛