Chapter 16

I have stayed at the club for an entire day so far and Juice not being here wasn't any better. I know I'm suppose to have a prospect with me when I go out, but I didn't think i would need a shadow just to run up the road to get food.

I was wrong. I got attacked by one of Slazar's guys. I had a bruised side and cuts on my lip, cheek and above my eye. I had to get back to the club, but I knew someone was going to call Chibs and he would inform Juice.

I lied on the sidewalk in pain. I eased myself up getting my phone from my pocket. I put it to my ear as I winced. "Ma... I need help..." I said through the pain.

"I'm coming baby, where are you?" Gemma asked.

"You'll see me... I'm on the sidewalk." I said then hung up. I put my phone in my pocket and waited.

Gemma pulled up next to the curb and got out quick. "What happened?" She helped me up.

I winced a little as I got into the Cadillac. "I got attacked... Did you call dad?"

"I had to." Gemma nodded and got in quick. "He and Juice are on the way back. They will be here in the morning."

"He told Juice?" I huffed. "Grand..." I leaned my head back.

"You're his ol' lady Angel. He had to know." Gemma drove me to the hospital to get checked out. I had no broken bones or fractures and I got to return to the club.

I lied on the bed for the remainder of the evening. I got up hearing the roar of bikes. I walked out into the common area as Juice and Chibs rushed in.

"Jesus... What happened sweetheart?" Chibs asked as he and Juice got to me.

"I got attacked..." I kept my eyes down.

"By who Angel?" Chibs asked.

"Why didn't you have anyone with you?" Juice asked.

"One of Slazar's guys and I thought I would be ok... I was going right up the road." I said quietly.

"It doesn't matter where you were going darling. You knew a prospect had to be with you..." Chibs said.

I nodded as I remained quiet. Juice grabbed my hand. "How bad are you hurt?"

"Nothing is broken or fractured. I'm just bruised and sore."

Juice shook his head as he looked down. I folded my arms as I turned slightly. Chibs sighed as he ran his hand through his hair. "Get her home Juicy... Let her rest up and when the others get here tomorrow we will handle this."

"I don't want to wait until tomorrow... That bastard deserves an ass kicking now..." Juice glared as he stormed out of the club house.

"Juice!" Chibs followed him.

I slowly walked to the back towards the ladder. I reached up for a bar and grabbed my side quick. I walked to my room instead and curled up on my bed.

I wiped my eyes as some tears rolled down my cheek. I let out a small sigh as I heard the door close. "You ok?" Juice asked concerned.

"I will be..." I mumbled.

"How badly are you bruised?" Juice kneeled down by the bed.

"Bad enough for me not to want to move around to much." I met his dark eyes for a brief moment before looking down.

Juice took in a sharp breath as he looked to the side. "Want to go home?"

I gave Juice a concerned look for a moment. I slowly sat up. "Ok."

Juice stood up and gently wrapped his arm around my waist and guided me out the door. "I've got you babe. Take your time." He said as he helped me down the hall and out into the common room.

We walked out to the bikes and I sat down on his bike slowly. Juice handed me his helmet then got the bike started. I buckled the helmet then wrapped my arms around his waist. "You'll go slow right Juice?"

"Of course baby." Juice said holding my hands as he eased the bike from it's spot. He drove slow and careful until we reached the house. Juice got off the bike as I took off his helmet.

I slowly got off his bike and walked to him. "I'm sorry..."

Juice fully faced me as he gently placed his hands on my cheeks. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"But, this is my fault... I."

"Angel, listen to me. That douchebag will pay for hurting you. This is on him baby, he didn't have to hurt you, but he did." I looked down in response. "C'mon." He grabbed my hand slipping his fingers through mine.

I followed him inside the house to the bathroom. "What are you doing?" I asked as I watched him play a towel on the counter next to the sink.

"Getting a nice warm bath going for you. It will help relax your body." Juice turned the water on and got it warm.

Once Juice turned to me I placed my hands on his cheeks and pressed my lips to his. "I love you."

Juice smiled as he met my eyes. "I love you too. Want me to help you?"

"I think I can do this..." I said as I turned towards the bath. I really didn't want Juice to see my bruise. I tried to lift my shirt up, but winced.

"Baby, let me help you." Juice softly touched the small of my back.

I slowly met his eyes and turned. "Don't freak out when you see my side..." I said softly as Juice lifted my shirt. Once my shirt was gone his finger tips gently glided over my side.

A frown was formed on his face as he stared at my side. He helped me finish undressing and into the tub. "You relax baby."

"Where are you going?" I asked concerned.

"To get you comfy clothes and a towel." He kissed my head. I watched him walk from the bathroom toward the room. I closed my eyes for a moment. I opened them hearing Juice set clothes on the counter next to the sink then he hung the towel on the rack.

Juice sat down in the floor next to the tub grabbing my hand softly and keeping it in his. I smiled warmly as I watched him lean his head back closing his eyes.