Chapter 2

Juice fully faced me. "Angel, look at me." He said softly.

I looked up into his big brown eyes. "You have nothing to be afraid of."

"Yes I do... What happens when someone I care about and love gets hurt? You don't think I should worry?" I stood up quick. "I know you guys do risky stuff Juice. I know you guys can be killed... I'm all too aware of it..."

"Relax..." Juice put his hands on my shoulders. "I didn't say don't worry. You're going to worry no matter what. I meant that, if you have a little faith in us then you don't have to be afraid. We know the risks. We take all the necessary precautions. Also, the less you know, the less likely anything will happen to you." Juice explained.

I looked down slightly. "I just want to be free from all this. I want a normal life... I don't always want to have to look over my shoulder or be put on lock down for my protection..."

Juice took a slow deep breath as he dropped his hands to his sides. "As a member of this club, I can tell you that no matter what you do, where you go, this life will always be apart of you Angel..."

I looked at him for a long moment. I frowned as I looked down shaking my head. I know Juice is right, but I didn't want to admit that right now. I have to keep strong. I can't get involved with a member. "I have to try." I said quietly.

"You will get yourself into deeper shit babe. I'm not joking. You run and Jax will have me hack into everything I possibly can to hunt you down. I can hack into anything I want... It may take a little time getting past the fire walls, but I can do it." Juice shoved his hands into his pockets.

I looked into his eyes quickly. I figured he was just trying to scare me, but the look he had was all serious. He would never lie about his hacking abilities, he actually takes that very seriously. I looked down and turned slighly folding my arms as I huffed.

"Think about what I said Angel. You cant keep fighting your feelings... And I know just as well as you do that you have a thing for me." Juice walked to the door.

"How do you know that?" I turned quickly.

Juice looked back at me. "I told you, I see the way you look at me." he turned to fully face me. "Your brown eyes light up brightly as soon as you walk through the door... Even though you keep your distance, I know deep down inside, you are happy to see me."

I dropped my arms as I stared at him. "W-Well what about you? I catch you looking at me half the time."

"Yeah, that's because I have a thing for you..." Juice nodded. He opened the door and stepped down to the ladder. Once the door closed I shook my head and turned back to the edge to look out at the parking lot.

I pushed my long brown hair back as I sighed. My eyes drifted down as Juice strolled across the parking lot to the shop. He ran his hand over his hair and took off his kutte as he grabbed a wrench.

I tilted my head slightly as I watched him for a few more minutes. He was working on a car for a customer. I guess it has to be done by tomorrow. I also know he is probably working to keep his mind busy on something else.

I sent a text to Donna. I would need to talk to her tomorrow, hopefully at my house. I climbed down from the roof and into the common room of the club where the bar was.

"Hey pop, I'm calling it a night."

"Alright sweetheart." Chibs hugged me tightly. "Don't go alone... Juice!" He called as he walked in.

"What's up?" He looked towards Chibs.

"Can you follow Angel home so she gets there safely?"

"Sure." He nodded.

I huffed and looked at Chibs. "What?"

"Really pop? Do I need a body guard?"

"Yes, you are precious cargo darling. If anything happened to you, I would lose my mind. I care about you kid." Chibs wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I know..." I nodded. I kissed his cheek and walked out to my car. I glanced at Juice patiently waiting on his bike. I got in my car starting it and pulled out. Juice followed close behind.

Once I got into my driveway I cut my car off as Juice parked his bike against the curb and cut it off. I locked my car doors as I got out of my car closing the door behind me.

I looked towards Juice as he walked over to me. "Thank you for making sure I get here safe."

"Anytime. You don't have to thank me Angel. I'd do it whether I was told to or not." Juice's brown eyes met mine.

I was quiet for a moment as I slowly looked down. "That's sweet.. Uh, did you want to come in?"

Juice smirked as he walked to the door. "Sure."

I walked to my door and unlocked it. I stepped in looking back at him. He was looking towards the driveway. I bit my bottom lip slightly. "Juice?"

"Hm?" He replied without looking at me.

"A-Aren't you coming?" I asked quietly.

"Mhm..." Juice said as he narrowed his eyes at whatever he was staring at.

I stepped closer, but he put his hand gently to my stomach pushing me back. He stepped inside closing the door behind him and locking it. "What's going on?"

"Go pack a bag..." Juice said as he texted someone. After slipping his phone back in his pocket he pulled his gun out from behind him. He ejected the mag looking at the bullets then slid it back in.

"Juice..." I said staring at his gun as he loaded a bullet into the chamber.

"Go pack a bag..." He said more stern. I backed up slightly and then ran to my room. I packed some cloths into a bag quickly. I heard a thud right outside my window.

I turned to the door as Juice came into my room. "What..."

"Sh!" He said as he walked to the window with caution. He moved quick and backed closer to me. A gunshot went off and Juice turned to me quickly knocking me to the floor. I squealed as more shots were fired. Juice covered my mouth. "Sh... Stay low and get in the hall."

I nodded and crawled quickly into the hallway. I put my hands to my mouth as I breathed heavily. My heart pounded with fear as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Juice..." I whispered.

"I'm right here." He sat my bag next to me. More shots were fired and I brought my knees close hiding my face. I sniffed a little as I stayed still. "Angel, I won't let anything happen to you alright? I need you to trust me right now."

"Ok..." I said not looking at him. I just wanted this to be over.

"Juice!" Chibs called as he came in. I left out a sigh of relief hearing his voice. When he came to the hallway I looked up at him. "You alright darling?"

"Yeah, just shaken up a bit." I said quietly.