Chapter 3

I slowly looked towards Juice as he stood up. He had my bag in his hand. Juice kept his eyes down as he tried to slip by Chibs and me. "Hey..."

Juice's eyes slowly met his brother's eyes. "Yeah?" He said quietly.

"You alright?" Chibs asked curiously.

"Yup, I'm good." He nodded. His eyes shifted to me for a moment before walking from the hall.

Chibs looked down at me then towards his direction. "Did I miss something? Are you and Juice..."

"No pop..." I sighed. "Nothing is going on..." Chibs nodded his head then got me out of my house back to the compound.

I sent a text to Donna telling her our meeting would be on the roof of the compound. I tossed my phone on my bed and looked around. I sighed realizing Juice still had my bag.

I walked out of my room and into the common room. I glanced around not seeing him. I walked outside and found him sitting on the picnic table with a beer in his hand.

I bit my bottom lip slightly walking over to him slowly. "Hi..."

His big brown eyes looked up towards mine. "Hey."

"Are you ok?" I asked with concern.

"I'm good." He said bringing the bottle to his lips.

I looked down slightly. "You don't seem like it..."

"You were being shot at in your own house..." Juice huffed as he got up. He bent down picking up my bag. "Figured this is what you really came out here for."

"Are you upset with me?" I took my bag slowly.

Juice closed the gap between us in just one long stride. "Why would I be?"

I shrugged my shoulders looking down. "It just seemed like you were..." I said quietly.

"It's been a long night... For both of us... I'm just tired." Juice said quietly. I nodded in response. Juice sat his beer on the table then pulled me into his body wrapping his arms around me tightly.

I felt my face get hot. Once he stepped back I met his eyes. A small smile formed on his face as picked up his beer. "Um, I should get inside." I said quietly.

"Mhm. Night." Juice brought the bottle to his lips again as he watched me go inside. I went back to the room I was going to stay in. I closed the door and leaned against it. I took in deep breath as I placed my free hand on my forehead.

I got a little sleep for the night. When I woke up, I showered quickly and put on fresh cloths quick. I put on a simple black tank to with some jean shorts. I put my hair up in a bun then stepped into my boots.

I walked out of the room and glanced around for a moment. I was hoping to see Donna here. I walked outside for a moment to look at the line of cars. I didn't see her car. I looked at the line of bikes. All the members were here, but most likely in the chapel since they weren't in the shop working.

I walked back inside just as the guys came out of the chapel. I met Juice's big brown eyes for a second before looking down slightly. I walked down the hall and stepped up onto the ladder.

"Angel." Donna caught my arm.

"Hey." I smiled. "Come up and we will talk." I said climbing up the ladder. I got to the roof holding the door open for Donna.

"What happened? Why are you staying here on lock down?"

"Someone shot up my house... I was lucky to have someone with me." I sighed.

"Someone meaning Juice?" Donna folded her arms. "Did you talk to him Angel?"

"Yes and yes..." I looked in her eyes as I sat down. "Donna, he told me everything that you pretty much did, but look what happened... Someone came to my house with the intentions to hurt me or kill me..."

"Juice protected you Angel. He helped you and still you can't give him a chance? Babe, you are making yourself miserable. You want to be with him. Your eyes say it all. He can see that! How much longer are you going to torture yourself?" Donna sat across from me.

I looked down. "I-I don't know... I'm not use to all this Donna! I'm so use to not giving into anything and always being determined to set out what I plan to do. I was completely fine until Juice came along..."

"Look, I know shit gets crazy and risky for them. I have contemplated leaving with the kids plenty of times... But, I can't leave Opie. I can't takes his kids away. I love him too much to be away from him. If I can do this, I know you can too." Donna stood up.

I nodded closing my eyes for a moment. "Fine... It's true. I really do want to be with him, but I'm scared... I mean last night... I have never been in that kind of situation..." I cried. "I was so scared that I was going to get shot or that he was... Then when everything stopped and it was just me and him... I wanted nothing more than for him to just hold me..."

Donna hugged me tightly. "You have no idea what was swirling around in his mind honey."

"What do I do Donna?" I cried.

"Talk to him again, but let him see this side of you... Tell him everything that you just told me. So, he understands you. You need to give him a chance babe. Do you trust him? And I mean would you trust Juice with your life?"

"Yes." I sniffed.

"If that's true sweetie then you have to trust that he would never do anything to ever hurt you. You have to trust that no matter how hard things get he will always be there for you."

I looked in her eyes as I nodded. "So, talk to him again."

"Yes, now I have to get to work. I will send him up again. Talk to him and I will be back after my shift." 

I nodded as I watched her. I wiped my eyes as I waited. I turned slightly and watched Donna leave the compound.

"You ok Angel?" Juice seemed a little out of breath.

I turned to face him quietly. "Yeah... What did Donna tell you?"

"That you needed me right away... Have you been crying?" Juice came closer.

I quickly wiped my eyes again. "Is it that obvious?" I asked quietly.

"Why were you crying? What's wrong?" Juice ignored my question.

I bit my bottom lip slightly. "I-I was telling Donna what happened at my house..." I quickly wiped my eyes.

"Ok..." Juice said with slight confusion.

"I told you I was scared of this life... The shit that happens... Then my house got shot at..." I let the tears roll down my cheeks. Juice frowned as he listened intently. "God, I never went through something like that... Sitting in the hallway, there was one thing I wanted." I wiped my eyes as the tears streamed down my cheeks more frequently.

"What did you want?" Juice asked closing the gap between us.

"I wanted you to hold me..." I met his eyes.

Juice gently placed a hand on the nape of my neck pulling me into his body. His hand moved to the back of my head as his arm wrapped around me tightly. "I'm sorry... I wanted to so bad, but I was trying to be respectful and give you space. I didn't want to push it..."

I gripped his shirt tightly keeping my forehead pressed to his chest. "It's ok... I was scared to say anything..." I took in a deep breath as I turned my head to the side keeping it against his chest.