59 - Big Day

It's Joel and Cassandra's wedding day and everyone wakes up early in excitement. The wedding will take place in the palace garden, just as Joel wants to in honor of his mother.

Kat was brushing her teeth when Riki comes to her and kisses her neck from the back. She giggles, before she spits into the sink and turns around.

"I'm not complaining, but you're so clingy lately. Is it because you want to get married too?" she asks, resting her arms around his neck.

"Maybe that." Riki continues kissing her as he runs his hands round her waist. "Or maybe I just want to cherish every moment with you." he replies.

Kat smiles, before she leans over and kissed his lips. She kisses him slow and soft. Riki closes his eyes as he pulls her closer. "Babe, I'll never get enough of you."

---

"What if she suddenly thinks this is a bad idea?" Joel asks while Chris is going his bowtie. 

"Stop overthink shits. Here, have some to chill yourself." Richard hands him a bottle of vodka, which was then snatched away by Riki. "Are you crazy? Do you want him to slur while saying his vow?" He lectures Richard. 

Joel is sweating, he keeps flipping his hand to fan himself. "We're young. I'm 19, guys. What if, what if someone talks about us being too young to get married and she heard them, then she suddenly agreed?" He says nervously. 

"Bro, you're driving us insane. Shut up before I force the alcohols down your throat and we're gonna have a drunk groom today." Richard threatens him, making Joel bites his tounge. 

---

Irama and 2 of his friends get into the hall, as they were invited by Jodi. "There's too much people here. It's.... intimidating." His skinny friend says. 

"Jodi and Chris wanted to see us here today. Let's just make them happy." Irama says, searching for 3 empty seats. 

"There." He points to empty spots he found. On their way there, Finn, who was running in their direction bumps into him and fell down. While taking his hand to help the kid up, Finn's life flashes into Irama's eyes. 

Finn thanks him and leaves, while Irama is lost in his mind. "What's wrong?" His friend with a heart tattoo in the middle of his chest asks. 

Irama looks back to find Finn but he's already lost in the crowd. "That kid. He's Marguerite's son." He says, making the others surprised as well. 

---

The music starts playing, Joel starts to lose his tense as it was the song he had chosen and it calms him down a bit. Until he sees her.

She takes Riki's hand and walks with him

She takes Riki's hand and walks with him. Joel's heart stops for a second before it beats again, faster with every steps she gets closer to him. 

"Told ya she's not running away." Chris whispered to him. Joel is not looking at him but he knows Chris is wearing his wide grin while he's saying that. 

When Cassandra stands in front of him, Joel almost forget how to breathe. He couldn't even blink his eyes. "It's not the first time you see this face, Joel." Cassandra says whispering. Her cheeks redden just to see how he's looking at her. 

They were asked if they're ready and they said yes, with Joel stuttering when he answers, making Chris chuckles behind him. "Welcome, family, friends and-" the officiant couldn't finish his words as he suddenly falls to the ground. 

The guests were shocked, no one knows what's going on until Richard runs to the officiant and found a hole in his chest. "He's got shot." He tells his cousins. "Everyone leaves this venue, now!" Chris screams out, making everyone runs in panic. 

Cassandra buries herself into Joel's arms. He's wrapping her safe in his embrace. "What's going on?" She asks in brittle voice. 

Joel looks around, but he couldn't find any answer. Until flocks of crows starts flying towards their direction, that's when he knows what's coming for them. "It's the Devils!" He yells out. 

The armies come in carrying their weapon, ready to shoot their enemies. Irama looks at the sky, the crows are all coming down to the ground. Without thinking twice he ran to find Finn. As soon as he found him he picks the kid up on his shoulder and follows the guard to a safe place. 

Everyone scattered all over the place. Jared runs back into the palace to protect his secret gateway to heaven. The crows shift shape into their human form, but none of them look familiar. No Lucian, Lucas or Mara can be seen among them. 

Joel kisses Cassandra's forehead and tells her to take the girls away. "Find Finn, ask him to make some shield or anything to protect all of you." 

Cassandra didn't get a chance to protest as he smashed his lips on hers for the last time. "I'll come back to you. I love you." He says before letting the guards take her away.

"My dad is in the palace." Joel tells the others. "The big villains aren't here. They must be in there while we're distracted." Riki says, joining his cousins to get back into the palace.

When he's sure that Finn is safe Irama goes back to find his friends, leaving the boy clueless of who he is and why he's saving him out of many other people. Seeing Riki following Joel and his other cousins into the palace, Irama decided to join them. "We're fighting with them today." He tells his friend.

They chase after the boys and join them. "Who are you?" Joel asks. Just before Chris or Riki can answer, the heart tattooed speaks up. "The ones that can help you." He says.

"Trust us, we're on your side today." Irama tells Riki who's looking at them doubtfully.

"No time for introduction. Let's go." Joel says. He throws away his blazer along with his bowtie. He folds his sleeves up and unbutton his collar. "We need to split." He tells the others as they get inside.

Riki decides to stick with Joel. Before they parted, Irama grabs his hand. He can see Riki's future he saw before. "You can still back off from your decision." He tells Riki.

Glancing at Joel who's rushing to find his father, Riki snapped his hand away. "As I said before, it's the best for everyone. Mind your own business!" He exclaims before he fastens his pace to chase after Joel.

Riki grabs Joel's shoulders and makes him turns around. "Remember what we talked about the other day?" He asks.