80%

A week later...

“I don't understand us anymore.”

He sighed and I heard faint shuffling. “So do I, Selena.”

I felt warm fluids escape past through my eye lids and rush down my cheeks. I sniffed, shaking my head. “So... What now?”

Charlie didn't say anything. I waited. Hopelessly, patiently hoping that he'll fly to be with me even for just a few days.

I heard my phone beeped three times and I knew he hung up on me.

I sat down clutching my phone tightly as waves of tears greet me good morning.

I don't want this. Charlie's been drifting away since I got back in my hometown. The day in the hospital, the screaming phone calls.

It hurts.

It hurts like I'm losing a friendship with him not a relationship anymore.

I saw Gracie on the steps so I hurriedly brush my tears away.

It's been three days since Gracie had been finally discharged from the hospital. I'm so happy about it. But Gracie's still hurt. She still have her right arm on a bandage and around her injured leg. If you're wondering, early days of this month, Gracie was hit by a truck. Hit and run, to be specific.

Unfortunately, for the driver, someone caught his plate number and the person gladly helped my mom to report to the police. Now the driver was in jail.

“Sel, help me wake Justin up.” Gracie pouted, pointing a finger towards the guest room's direction upstairs.

I smiled a little.

Justin stayed. He stayed for Gracie with me. I've insisted saying, he have life to live, fans to please –I wanted to add, and a girlfriend to spend time with– so he doesn't need to stay with us. But his quite persistent saying, I want to stay until you come home.

It just got me wonder is his girlfriend wasn't as upset as I think she is?

Yeah, I've seen him in his phone talking to his beloved girlfriend. He seemed cool and always smiling...

I sighed.

It breaks a little.

‘‘Selly?”

I snap my head to face Gracie when I realized I was still looking upstairs. I smiled, “Sure, what should we do first?’’

Gracie grinned at me before grabbing my free hand. Of course I didn't make any pressure as she pulled me up the stairs.

She pulled me towards my mom's room which slightly bewildered me. She cracked the wooden door open, and of course it was clean and still the same it used to looked like when I was little. Mom's quite a keeper... But not with my dad. My dad left us.

Creaking sounds snap me put of my tangled thoughts, I averted my eyes to Gracie whose hand is inside my mom's cabinet.

I gasp quietly and long, “Gracie.”

She turn to me, throwing me an innocent look. “What? I'm just getting our needed tools.”

She took out all she needed and I couldn't stop her. I can almost hear mom yelling at the both of us –especially at me when she got home after her work.

“I'm all it, Sel. I'll mom you had nothing to do with this... which is sorta.” She smiled gesturing her hand for me to carry some.

I brush my little worry away. I even doubt my mom would be mad at Gracie. Phew. Unlikely at her physical state.