Chapter 24: Silent Night (Part 1/2)

Começar do início

Star started crying more and hugged back Night. "N-Night." She said. "Thanks anyways for trying your best to take good care of me."

Night smiled and patted Star's back while she was still hugging her. "You're most welcome. I'm just doing what I should do, being your big sister."

Kite started walking around at the sidewalk. He looked up at the dark-lit sky. "Why can't I stop thinking about her, every time I look up at the night sky? Every night, all I can think about is the one named Night Lights."

~~~~~

"Night." Star said, yawning. "I'm tired. I wanna to go to sleep." She said. "But I'm scared that we're both alone here at the park, sitting on this bench."

"Go to sleep, Star." Night said. "I'll watch over for you."

"Okay." Star said. She laid her head down on top of Night's lap to go to sleep.

Being very cautious at what could be the hidden dangers of nightfall, Night was still awake. She was very aware of her surroundings as she kept a close eye on her sister and to what was around the park.

She had only been watching for about 20 minutes and was already starting to get tired. Her eyes kept on closing down and opening back up like a light that flickered in the darkness. Oh no...I'm getting tired but I have to keep a safe lookout for Star to protect her.

Night rubbed her eye. But I'm so tired. She looked at the sleeping child that was laying down on her lap and looked up at the sky that was sprinkling down rain drops. I'll still be awake but I'll just rest my eyes for a bit. She gave in to her tired state, and let herself close her eyes.

However, things were about to go towards a dark end when a shadowy figure appeared out of the shadows. It was a teenage boy. The boy approached Night, seeing that she had fallen asleep. "Good, she's asleep." The red-haired boy gently took Star's head off of Night's lap, moving her to lay down on the bench.

He then got rope and tied it on Night's legs. He got a pair of duct tape and taped it on Night's mouth. He then started to kidnap her, while she was still asleep.

Kite was still walking alone, wondering about his thoughts and about the mysteries of life. Night then woke up when she realized that someone was carrying her and she freaked out when she saw that she was in the hands of the red-haired boy.

Her screams were muffled by the tape that covered her mouth. In self-defense she started to try to kick her legs around to get away and with her head, she hit the boy's chin.

The boy was angry that she had hit him so he took a rag out of his pocket and shoved it under her nostrils, which had caused her to fall unconscious, making her fall asleep.

Kite then decided to go to the park. Seeing a little girl laying down on the bench had caught his eyes, making him wonder what she was doing all by herself at this late hour. He then gently tapped the girl on her shoulder and said, "Hello? Are you okay?"

The girl then woke up, being startled by seeing Kite in front of her. "Uh...w-who are you?"

"I'm Kite." Kite said. "I was just wondering if you're okay...you shouldn't be out here all by yourself sleeping alone in this park. It can be dangerous for a kid like you...with no one to watch you--"