Dreaming of You. [Part 1]

Written by: Mfterese

Copyright © 2010 Mary France J.

All Rights Reserved

Any unauthorized broadcasting and/or copying of copyrighted works will constitute to infrigment of copyright.

---------------

Dreaming of You.

Part 1

Recap:

... And just before the darkness swallowed me, i heard Frances shouting my name...

-End of recap-

Black. Black is all I could see around me. I couldn't hear any sound. Not even breathing apart from my own. I tried to move, but my muscles just wouldn't cooperate. I don't remember anything. I tried to think, but suddenly, I can hear some distant noises now.

Beep...

Drip...

Beep...

Drip...

I was confused. What's that noise? It was getting louder every second now.

Where am i?

Why am i here?

Nice girl, why dont you keep asking yourself questions you don't know?!

Okay, okay, so asking questions doesn't help. I need to figure something out.

It took me a while to know that I can now move my hands, since I was busy asking questions to myself. I realized my eyes were close. Umm... Why are they closed?

Oh, for god sake! Stop asking questions! Now, how about you use that eyes of yours? It's time for answers.

I tried my to open my eyes, but I feel too tired. I sure don't want to go back to that darkness again so I put all my energy into my eyes and tried again. This time, I succeed.

When I opened my eyes, the first thing i saw was a blinding light which made me close my eyes again. I tried to open it little by little. As my eyes got used to the light, the first thing I saw was a turquoise ceiling. I also noticed that the beeping was awfully loud. I turned my head to the side slowly, as my neck seemed to be stiff. Oh. So that explains it. I think I've got some of my answers now.

What was that beeping sound? It was the heart monitor on my right. So that only means I'm at the hospital.

And that dripping noise? It was the pouch bag hanging on the stand beside me. It contains a clear liquid that drips into a small container then through the tube that was connected to me. Huh.

That didnt explain my other question, though. What am I doing here?

Suddenly, the beeping noise began to go faster. It's really pissing me off, now.

Then I heard some footsteps. First distant, then it became loud. Wait, why is it dark again? Oh. I didn't know my eyes were close again. I was too tired to notice. Once again, I tried to open it, which again, took a lot of energy from me. I succeded opening it, only to see a woman peering down on me with a stesthoscope in her neck. I'm assuming she's a doctor and she was not the only one. There were 4 more others beside her. So that means... I really am in a hospital. Oh shit. Have I mentioned I absolutely LOATHE hospitals? Which is quite ironic as I want to be a doctor myself.

I tried to open my mouth to speak, trying to ask her what was going on, but nothing came out. I'm struggling to open my eyes again. Why are they so tired?

'That's okay, love. Simple tasks like speaking may seem a bit hard at first, but we will help you and get you back how you were before.' The doctor smiled. She looks vaguely familiar.

Wait, what? Why is it going to be hard to do simple things such as speaking? I know I didn't get to force my words out of my mouth a while ago, but I know how to speak. What's going on?

I tried to speak again. I took a deep breath and breathe it out. Somehow, my throat seemed to be dry and clogged.

The doctors seemed to be waiting for me and holding their breaths, while the nurses were busy checking the heart monitor and writing something down at the papers they were carrying.

'Its fine if you dont want to try talking yet, sweetheart...' one of the doctors said, but i could tell he wants me to give it a try.

So i did.

I took a deep breath and opened my mouth...

'Who...are...you...?' Was that me?! That didnt even sound like me! It came out husky and dry and sounded like an old man! What happened?

'Wow, unbelievable.' The doctor who was peering down at me a while ago whispered, almost to herself, and continued. 'I'm Dr. Rachel Smith, and I am your doctor.' Now I remember who she is, she's my mom's best friend.

I nodded and took deep breaths before continuing.

'Why...am...I...here...?'I asked, with that same old and hoarse voice.

'You were involve in a car accident.' One of the doctors said in a sad voice.

'...how?' I managed to say. It's getting a bit easier to talk now and I sounded a bit better than before.

'A drunk driver had swerved in your lane and hit your car. You were very lucky to survive. It's even unbelievable that you could speak.' Dr. Rachel said.

'Can you...tell me... about it...?' I asked them. Maybe it will help me sort out my jumbled thoughts.

'We will, but first, could you answer some of our questions? It's just to test your memory.'

I nodded. The other doctors left the room, after recieving a look from Dr. Rachel.

'Okay. Can you tell me your name?'

'Ella-May Lopez.' She took note of that in her clip-board thingy she was holding.

'Who are your parents?'

'Harry..and Sophia Lopez.'

'How old are you?'

'15.'

She looked at me and I saw a hint of sadness in her eyes.

'Do you remember anything about the accident?'

'Vaguely...Umm...Penguins?' I pretty much knew that Penguins were somehow mentioned in the car.

'Any people?'

'I was with someone... someone close to me...'

'Do you remember a name?'

'Yes... It was Frances. Frances, my best friend.'

'You remembered well, Ella. You passed the test.' She smiled sadly.

'Then why are you smiling with a sad look in your face?' I asked, unsure.

'Because you missed the most important thing.'

'What is it?' I inquired.

'How long do you think you were asleep?' she asked, curiously.

'A few days. Maybe a day or two.'

She sat next to me and grabbed my hand. She almost looked like my mother. She looked pained and sad. Why?

'Ella... You've been in a deep coma...'

'A coma?' I asked, shocked.

'Yes, and far more than a day or two i'm afraid...'

'How long?' I whispered. I was getting nervous now on what she was saying. Her whole body was tense.

'Sweetheart...'

I tried to lean forward, but I only budged a bit. My body felt wrong. It's like my body's covered in one, whole massive bruise.

'You were in a deep coma for 3 years.'

Dreaming of Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें