Dreaming of You [Prologue]

Prologue.

Written by: Mfterese

Copyright © 2010 Mary France J.

All Rights Reserved

Any unauthorized broadcasting and/or copying of copyrighted works will constitute to infrigment of copyright.

---------------

Dreaming of You.

Prologue

'Hello? Earth to Ella?' Frances asked, holding 2 different dresses.

We're currently at Beverly Hills Shopping Center, looking for a dress to wear for our best friends' party. I live here in sunny Beverly Hills, LA. Saying this, a lot of people consider me to be the Barbie, blonde bitch that swims in her father's money. I guess that's unavoidable, what the people consider me, I mean, since I do see how the girls my age act around here. And well, they do fit in those descriptions.

My name's Ella-May, the only daughter of Harry and Sophia Lopez, the 'Perfect Couple of 2009' as referred by the Forbes Magazine. I am pretty much blessed with money since my father works with the president and my mom works as an actress. But me, a Barbie blonde bitch that swims in her father's money? Nu-uh. Never acted that way. I maybe beautiful, or so they say, but I never intimidated someone in my life. Well, maybe once, but come on! That bitch was asking for it. She was practically all over Kyle, Frances' boyfriend. I knew Kyle will never do anything to hurt Frances intentionally. But that's another story. Let's just say she ran in her high heels, after our 'small' talk. Seriously, I didn't know how she did that! Running in her high heels, I mean. I swear that's 5 inches high! And speaking of Frances...

'Yeah? Oh, sorry, I was miles away.' I smiled sheepishly.

'Still thinking about the meadow, aren't you?' she smirked, knowing she was right. I sighed dreamily, smiling as I replayed what happened...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I was at school when it all started.

'Miss, the school closes in half an hour. So can you please leave the premises now?' the janitor asked.

I was just finishing my project in the library, since we need to submit it tomorrow. Ugh! Who gives projects at the last day of school anyway?! Where the hell was Clyde?! He was supposed to be here hours ago and help me!

I looked at my watch and cursed. It's almost six! We'll be meeting at my house at seven. By 'we', I mean Frances, Kyle, Clyde and I. We were going to the mall and go bowling. Maybe Clyde forgot and he's already at my house. I decided to pack up and go home to change. I thanked the janitor and went to my locker.

As I opened my locker, I saw a note folded in half with my name on it. There were only 2 people with the key to my locker. Curiously, I opened it and read the message.

Star,

Meet me where we always see Mr. Happy. ;)

Clyde

The first thing that I did when I finished reading the letter was laugh. It's been ages since I saw Mr. Happy. Mr. Happy is an it, not a who, in case you are wondering. The tree itself was just a tiny part of the massive meadow, which is covered with wild flowers- yellows, reds, whites and soft purples. Mr Happy was the result of mine and Clyde's goofiness when we were just the age of 10. Mr. Happy is our very own 'truth' board. We had put lots of random things we don't want the whole world to know. Things like what we have phobia on and such. I giggled as I remember that Clyde's afraid of snakes. If you just stay still and let your senses wonder, you would hear the gentle stream of the lake nearby. I pictured the whole scenery of the meadow as I paced to go to the beautiful place. It was just a walking distance from the school, yet no one ever noticed it .