Chapter 7 Asking for help is not a problem

Janera is now in reading class. The class is not loud but it's not quiet either. Students in the class are talking to each other about the work they are doing and the teacher is just sitting at her desk doing teacher work on the computer.

Four big roses are on the teachers desk. The roses it gives the room a very delightful smell. Reading posters are all over the classroom.

Janera is working on his reading classwork but he's having a hard time with it. He is sitting at his desk with his hands on his forehead and is sadly staring at his assignment and book.

Janera says "ahhh this is too hard, how the hell am I suppose to do this?"

Garet sees Janera struggling and feels bad for him, so he lifts his desk up and puts it near Janera.

Garet asks "hey you need help?"

Janera doesn't know if he wants to say yes or no for an answer. It takes 5 seconds for Janera to respond to the question.

Janera replies "I don't know."

Garet comically states "come on don't be nervous, I don't bite haha."

Janera says "yes I need your help with these reading problems."

Garet asks "which one?"

Janera anxiously responds "all of them."

Garet explains "ok don't worry I got you. You have to underline the important stuff in the story to find the answer to the questions easier and quicker. Another thing you can do to be a better reader is to read a book every day for 32 minutes. You can also read a dictionary to understand the sentences in the story better and to expand your vocabulary."

Janera claims "well you see, I'm not really a fan of reading school books, there just boring. Not all books are boring, its just the ones we read in school. I actually like reading books, to be honest."

Garet suggest "while reading the book, you have to imagine what's going on in the book in your head. You have to create a cooler image of the book your self while reading a book in your head, especially the boring ones. Come on try it."

Janera says "ok."

Garet commands "close your eyes."

Janera says "I'm closing them."

Janera gets into imagination mode. He starts closing his eyes really hard, he also starts bolding his fist so he can get a better imagination in his head. Garet peacefully closes his eyes.

Garet queries "Now, what do you see in your head happening in that book?"

Janera successfully starts visualizing events in the book in his head.

Janera responds "I see a girl running."
Garet asks "running from who?"

Janera says "the cops."

Garet queries "why?"

Janera puts his hands on his forehead anxiously.

Janera replies "because she stole someone's baby, OH NO.

Garet asks and yells out "WHAT'S HAPPENING?"

Janera screams "SHE'S DRIVING OFF WITH THE BABY SHE STOLE. OH NO, SHE'S ABOUT TO STAB THE BABY."

Garet yells and asks "WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT."

Janera screams and answers "THE COPS SHOOT THE BACK OF THE CAR BUT ACCEINDENTLY SHOOTS THE BABY."

Garet shouts "NOOO."

The teacher grinds her teeth, rapidly gets off her chair and loudly bangs her hand on the desk.

The teacher yells "COULD Y'ALL STOP SCREAMING ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN THE STORY? Y'ALL ARE DISTRACTING THE PEOPLE WORKING. Look I love that y'all are using y'all imaginations that's good but just don't yell like y'all got knifes stuck in y'all asses ok."

Garet and Janera say "sorry."

Garet sits down on his desk and the teacher sits back down.

Garet states "now you get what I'm saying right? I use this trick with every book to make reading it more enjoyable."

Janera excitedly says "I get it now. This trick is the best thing since sliced bread. Hopefully, this will greatly boost my reading class grade."

Garet says "just don't do the trick out loud."

Garet helps Janera answer all the reading problems.

Janera merrily says "thanks for the help."

Garet says "your welcome, so what's your name?"

Janera answers "Janera."

Garet says "well Janera, anytime you need help with math, reading, social studies, and science just ask me ok."

Janera says "ok thanks, friend. So see you at lunch I guess. Which period you have lunch in?"

Garet replies "sixth."

Janera eagerly states "so do, I wow. See you at lunch."

Garet gladly says "see you at lunch also friend."