Chapter 15: Albums

Start from the beginning

"It's just how I am I guess. I don't ever want to miss him, I don't ever want to feel bad that he's dead, and I don't ever want to forget what he did."

"Are you scarred on your back? Those were really deep."

"Not as bad as you would think. Want to see?"

They both nodded and Jungkook took his suit jacket off, then unbuttoned his shirt and turned around so they could see it. Jimin gulped a bit, his eyes first going to the muscle in it, but as he looked more, he could see the faint, white lines all over, some large, some small, but they weren't really visible unless you were looking for them.

"That's actually not too bad," Tae said, and Jungkook put his shirt back on.

"I know. The only really bad scar I have is one on my hip."

"Can we see?"

Jungkook nodded, taking his belt off and pushed his pants down slightly so they could see it, and when Jimin did, he was surprised he didn't notice it before. It started above his jeans, at the top of his hip bone and went down to where his thigh began.

"What happened?"

Jungkook sighed, shaking his head slowly at the memory.

"Um...simply put, I was stabbed."

"But why there? That would hurt like hell, that's where your bone is."

"It did hurt and it's because the person that did it made sure I couldn't run away."

"How come?"

"Tae, he doesn't need to tell us," Jimin whispered.

"No, it's ok," Jungkook replied. "My uncle came over when I was 11, and he had to babysit me. He apparently thought I was a cute kid and he was drinking and tried to pin me down, but I was always kind of strong and this guy was smaller than you Jimin, he was tiny and I got away from him but he grabbed a knife and dug it into my hip and made sure that I couldn't move. He raped me 3 times, and I told my dad when he got home but all he did in response was do the same exact thing and then he beat me for it."

"That's horrible I'm so sorry," Jimin said quietly and Jungkook shrugged.

"He's done worse. I don't care if you guys look at the photos, but the yellow albums, as well as the black albums are off limits."

"Ok."

Jungkook put the album back in the box, trusting them to not look at the ones he told them not too, but as he was about to take a shower, Tae had another question.

"Jungkook?"

"Yeah?"

"What would you say is the worst thing that you ever went through?"

The younger's eyes teared up, and answered without hesitation.

"Having my sister die in my arms because she was protecting me from my father."

Tae looked down, hearing Jungkook's footsteps grow quiet as he went into the bathroom.

"I can't even be mad at him anymore," Tae said quietly and Jimin nodded his head while pulling out another album, but it was the yellow one.

"I kind of want to see now," Tae admitted and Jimin laughed.

"I do too, but he'd kill us. He told us no."

"Just one look?"

Jimin looked at the bathroom door, seeing it was shut and sighed.

"Fine, but he can't find out."

"He won't."

Jimin opened it to a random page, but their excitement vanished as soon as they saw a man, a noose around his neck, hanging from a ceiling. His face was beaten, brutally, and as they looked at the top right corner of the page, it had a quick description.

Name: Lee Choi Sung
Date: 4/30/2014
Age: 33
Reason: Raped my sister in high school

Jimin gulped, looking up at Tae who was just as shocked as he was, but turned the page anyway, seeing a woman, this one nothing but blood could be seen, but as they read the description, both of their mouths fell open.

Name: I don't know
Date: 7/17/2017
Age: I don't know
Reason: Checked out Jimin at the store

"Jimin," Tae whispered, looking at his friend in shock, "he kills people."

"Put it back, put it back, now," Jimin said frantically, quickly taking it from his friend and put it in the box.

"Because she checked you out?" Tae asked, breaking the silence.

"Don't say a word to him about this."

"No way. What are the black ones though?"

"I don't even want to know."

"It can't be much worse than that Jimin."

"I'm traumatized, how did he act so normal?"

"You mean before he kidnapped us?"

"Duh."

"Jimin, we need to look. He's in the shower, it's rare when we aren't being watched."

Jimin sighed and pulled out one of the black albums, and opened it hesitantly but they looked at each other when they saw pictures of themselves.

"Tae...this is when we just moved in, look at the boxes."

Taehyung gulped, and they continued to look through the photos but Jimin quickly shut it when he saw a naked picture of him.

"What the hell is this!"

"Jimin, quiet down."

"Why did you make me look at these?"

"I was curious. But we can't say a word about any of these, not the dead people, not us, nothing."

Jimin quickly put the album back into the box and shook his head with his eyes tearing up.

"TaeTae, those people are dead, how many people has he killed?"

"Just act normal when he comes out."

As if on cue, Jungkook walked out of the bathroom and smiled at them as he went up to his dresser, pulling out a change of clothes. They both smiled back, and he went to the bathroom to put his clothes back on.

"Part of me feels bad for him, but part of me still wants to get out of here." Tae said, and Jimin nodded.

"Tae, I have a problem."

"And that is?"

"You can't be mad at me."

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Jimin sighed, and took a deep breath before looking into his best friends eyes.

"I kind of don't want to leave anymore."