Chapter 7: Tiger's Eye

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping.

WRONG! I actually woke up to Paramore's Monster.

On. Full. Blast.

Thank GOD I don't have neighbours living next to me. I then got up, only to see Beatrice mouthing the words to the song. She was in her own little world. Haha. It's a real treat to see her like this because she's normally very shy but right now, she was rocking out like she doesn't have a single care in the world. Like she was radiating with confidence.

She's so beautiful like that. I could watch her like this all day.

But the music is too FUCKING LOUD!!

So, I got off my bed and turned the CD player off. Then I realised that Bea wasn't actually mouthing the words. SHE WAS SINGING! She had that husky and soulful voice that I never thought she had!! It was like hearing a different person!

How did that make her 10x MORE sexier?!?!

I don't understand!

How is that even possible!?

Beatrice stopped singing when she realised the music wasn't playing anymore. And once she saw me, her face went red like a tomato! So cute!!!

"Y- y- you didn't hear me sing d- d- did you?!?"

I could ease her soul by saying no but... "Yes I did."

"NOOOO!!!!!!!" Beatrice screamed in embarrassment "I must have sounded terrible!!"

"No, you weren't terrible at all! In fact, you sounded awesome!"

"R- really?"

"Yeah, and I even find it sexy!"

"S- sexy!?!"

Then it hit me. I said that Beatrice's voice is 'sexy'. SHIT!! "Oh! Shit! I- Forget wat I said!! Forget what I said!!" I vigorously waved my hands while shaking my head.

Then I stopped when I heard Bea giggle. She then looked down at the floor with a gentle smile, twirling her hair with her right index finger. "Thanks for the compliment, Tal."

Without the goth makeup, she looked so innocent and adorable. She has moles here and there on her face, her piercing grey eyes were blue at that moment, like she brightened up so much than last night. It seemed like she's like that because of me.

Wouldn't it be crazy if she ACTUALLY likes me back!?!?

But NAH, I don't think that's ever gonna happen. EVER.

*

After Beatrice and I had breakfast, we decided that we wanted to go to the park so I got out of the shower and told Beatrice that she could take a shower now. After she left my bedroom, I got ready like any other normal human being would do. I was in my favourite high-waisted skirt with the frills underneath it and my mustard yellow and white striped top, then finally, my most favourite and precious thing in the world; the Tiger's Eye gemstone choker.

The reason why it's so precious to me is because Beatrice gave that to me as a sign of friendship. It also symbolises the first day we both met.

A/N: Just to let you all know this is when Talia and Beatrice became friends.

I remember this like it was yesterday. It was my first day in college as a first year... I was a completely different person from secondary as I have changed my appearance and attitude to scare of people. I wanted a fresh start as I've chosen a college that majority of my secondary classmates didn't choose and it was better that way. However... That also meant having to deal with fresh faces and them trying to talk to me.