Chapter 3: Internet Friend

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER REFERENCES MATURE THEMES LIKE DARK THOUGHTS AND S.H FOR EXAMPLE. IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THESE KINDS OF THINGS, I ADVISE YOU NOT TO READ THIS CHAPTER, ALTHOUGH IT HAS NOT MENTIONED THE SPECIFICS.

"WHAT?!?!" the couple exclaimed in unison again.

I looked away, blushing in embarrassment "Yeah..."

"That's ADORABLE!!" Lilly squealled.

Valeria nodded in agreement "Yeah! That's great!"

"No! It's not!!" I shouted "Beatrice is my BEST FRIEND! I can't lose her because of that!! What should I do!?!?"

"Tell her," Lilly said bluntly.

"B-but... Our friendship could just end like that. Just like-"

Lilly put her hands on my shoulders (which is quite funny since she's shorter than me) "Look, I know you've known Beatrice WAY longer than I have, but I can tell that she's NOT Rebecca." I looked down at the mention of my former crush, I felt my eyes filling up with tears. "Doesn't she know about Rebecca?"

I shook my head "No... I only told you guys."

"Oh..." Lilly looked down for a bit before meeting up with my eyes again "Still, I think you should tell her how you feel."

I stayed silent for a bit before I spoke again "I- if I do... Could you guys be there with me? Please?"

"Of course we will! We're ALWAYS here for you!" Valeria answered.

I smiled "Thanks guys."

*

It was 12 in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I thought about what Lilly said to me.

'Tell Beatrice how you feel'

The saddest thing about my situation isn't just because she's my best friend but I know she will NEVER recipricate my feelings for her because she's aromantic, meaning she's NOT romantically attracted to ANYONE.

I sighed and decided to go on wattpad on my phone. I noticed that I have an inbox and a notification.

'That's weird. Beatrice would ONLY inbox me when I haven't updated my story,' I thought to myself. I tapped on the notification and saw that one of my readers sent a message on my message board. It was just basically saying that my book was amazing that it should get more recognition, but I disagree with that. Not many people have read my stories; only Beatrice did and possbily that reader too.

I only write to escape my dark thoughts and urges. Ever since that girl Rebecca started attending to the same college as me, I've been going back to my old habits and it's hard to get out of it. I can't say the reason why though.

I tapped on the inbox, only to see that the same reader who written the message on my message board.

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: Hello! I'm terribly sorry if I bothered you!

I decided to reply back.

TheBitchubus: Oh no you're not a bother at all! In fact, I can't sleep right now.

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: Oh! Why is that?

I hesitated for it before answering them.

TheBitchubus: Just been thinking about a lot of things.

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: Really? Is there any way I could help you?

TheBitchubus: No, thank you though :)

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: Alright :) so... Tell me author, where are you from?

Again, I hesitated.

TheBitchubus: England.

TheBitchubus: And you?

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: OMG SAME!! :D what part are in tho??

TheBitchubus: I can't say. I'm sorry.

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: No, no it's fine! It's completely understandable! XD

Awww, they're adorable.

TheBitchubus: :)

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: So when's the next update of your story?? I honestly CANNOT wait! :D

Ok, that actually made me giggle a little.

TheBitchubus: I don't know when I'll update it, so you'll have to wait.

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: AWWWWWWWWWWW ;_; *cries*

TheBitchubus: Haha XD

Honestly, it was so weird that I actually felt a lot better talking to a reader like this, which made me wonder; How can people on the internet make one person feel happy? It is honestly, like, MIND BLOWING.

TheBitchubus: You just made my night. Thanks <3

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: Oh! Really?? Well, I'm glad that I did! Even tho I don't know what I did! XD

TheBitchubus: In all honesty, either do I XD

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: XDD

I smiled at these texts. It actually felt kind of... Nice talking to someone on here other than Beatrice, which reminded me that Lilly has wattpad too. Maybe I should follow Lilly's account.

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: Welp, I'm gonna go to sleep now. Wanna talk tomorrow?

TheBitchubus: Yeah, sure.

-!CutieHoneyBaby!-: Ok then! Goodnight new friend!

TheBitchubus: Goodnight :)

After that, I drifted into a peaceful and blissful sleep.