Raven

Everyday. I miss her. Another day passes and I try to stay strong. But I can't. I sit in my apartment thinking about her. She was so selfless. For her own good. I should have been there. To help her. To stop her. 

To save her. 

Then there's a knock on my door. I look up. I haven't had visitors in such a long time. I haven't wanted to open the door in such a long. 

But now? I just feel compelled to open the door. Like I have to. So I do. I open the door. I look around, no one. Then I hear a soft whimper. 

I look to the floor and my jaw drops. A baby wrapped in a blanket, crying.

I crouch down low and start at the baby with big, blue eyes that resemble my own. My heart pounds fast in my chest. 

I notice the note on her blanket

So much to explain. Let's just start with her name. Raven. She's your baby.
-Anonymous 

Mine? 

The baby's cry gets louder and I slowly pick her up. I'm not equipped for a baby. I'm not even equipped for a Zeke. But... I don't want to give her away. 

I slowly rock the child in my arms. Her crying slows to a stop. I bring her into my room and close the door.

I pick up my phone, something I got from the Bureau. They've had all this technology that they've upgraded. I call Christina. She answers on the fifth ring. 

"Four?" She asks.

"Christina. I need you to come over here with baby things. Bottles, diapers, stuff like that." I say. 

"What? Why?" 

"I'll explain when you get here." 

I hang up before she can answer. The baby starts crying again. I rock her her again. She quiets.

I am a twenty year old with a baby. The idea frightened me. After ten minutes, Christina barges through my door with a bag. 

"A baby?" She asks. 

"She was put on my door step. And the note said she's mine."  

"Yours? Yours and... her's?" Christina asks. 

Her. She is referring to Tris. 

"I don't know maybe," I reply.

There was only one time. 

But... 

My eyes widen. 

"Let's go. We are going to the infirmary right now." Christina says. "Because you haven't been-" 

"Of course not." 

She nods slightly surprised by my outburst. The baby begins to cry again. I startled her. I bounce her in my arms.