Trying

Tobias' P.O.V~

I stare at Tris as she plays with Raven in her lap. Today she's getting out of the hospital. I don't know what to do. I haven't talked to her. What do I say? The girl I love doesn't remember me and what do I do? I swallow hard. Tris looks at me and I quickly look away. The door opens and in comes everyone we know. 

"Trisalicious," Uriah muses. 

She wrinkles her nose. "I don't think I like that." 

"I called you that all--" 

"No he didn't," I replied harshly. 

The room silences. I look at Tris. She's staring at me but again I look away. Caleb clears his throat and moves towards his sister and everyone else looks at me. 

"Don't feel bad guys," Tris starts, "that's all he really knows how to do. Sit there and look angry." 

I close my eyes and clench my fist. The room is silent again. Tension so thick you can't even cut it with a sword. She's trying. I know she is. But I can't help but feel like this. Like pushing her to the breaking point. She can handle it. I know she can handle it. 

"Tris, Four," Caleb starts. "This is difficult because--" 

"Drop it," I growl.

"Get out of her room." 

Everyone looks at me and Caleb. 

"Excuse me," I ask. 

"I said get out." 

"I'm not going anything. She is my girlfriend--" 

"Oh, is that why you sit there sulking it's the end of the world?" 

"It's not your call how I react--" 

"Get out of my hospital, Four." 

I stand up and walk over to Caleb swiftly. I tower over him but even then he doesn't falter.

"Get the hell out of my hospital." 

I look at everyone else who is watching the situation. Raven stares at me with a curious look on her face. I push past Caleb and leave the room.

~

Tris' POV~

Caleb looks like he's about to through up from fear as Four disappears down the hall. Everyone lets out a relieved breath. Raven giggles as Caleb tries to calm himself. 

"That could've ended badly," Christina says. 

"That did end badly," Will retorts.

Zeke pats Caleb's back. "Four's going soft." 

I stare at them with a smile on my face. They're trying. They really are. But Four? Tobias? Whatever I call him. He's just... Not interested. I don't understand. You would think that if he loved someone as much as everyone tells me that he loves me, he would do better. Right? 

I look Raven. She plays with her fingers. I lean down and kiss her head. I wish I could remember. I wish I could remember the sweet little baby. 

"Are you alright?"

"Hm?" I sound shifting my gaze to the direction of the voice. 

Uriah. I nod. 

"I... Uh- No. I'm trying to be though." 

Caleb sits beside me. "Well you don't have to stay with him. You can stay with someone else for the time being." 

I shake my head. "No. I'll stay with him. Raven and I will. I should. Maybe he's just hurting really bad."

"Why?"

"Because we all have to face reality. I'm his. I want him to know that I'm his reality and he has to face it. He's hurt and he doesn't want to admit. So I'll just do it for him."

He nods solemnly. "Okay."