Forgotten

Tobias' POV:

Tris's eyes follow my every movement as I hold Raven in my arms while Caleb does a check-up on her. Raven wants to go to her mom but it's just not happening. I bite my lip. Tris had survived dying and now she can't survive something so simple as getting poisoned?

Way to show sympathy...

Raven clutches a fistful of my shirt in her minuscule hands. Her head rests upon my chest as I hold her. I look down at her face. Her eyes are open but slowly drooping. They look everywhere finally finding my own. I smile down at her and press a kiss to her head.

"She seems to have a retrograde amnesia," Caleb explains.

"What... What does that mean?" I ask stupidly.

Caleb lets out an exasperated sigh. He looks away from Tris and then at me.

"Retrograde amnesia is a loss of memory of events that occurred before or information that was learned. So everything- everyone she's ever known, she has no memory of."

A lump grows in my throat and I gulp down hard. Caleb beckons me outside where the rest of our friends are. I follow him out of the room and he closes the door behind me.

"Hey," he begins, "she can't remember anything. But pushing her? Trying to force her to remember? It's not good. So if she remembers? It has to be natural. Careful."

Christina takes Raven from my hands as she yawns. I give her a grateful look. Zeke places his hand on my shoulder.

"It's going to be hard, but look at her." I look through the window in her room. Tris hugs herself and looks around the room. Our eyes make eye contact. I look back at Caleb. "She's confused. Beatrice doesn't remember us or anything. Imagine everything from her perspective."

I look down at the floor and brush Zeke's hand off me. "I, um, I need some air."

My feet move before I even talk about it. I hear my friends calling after me but I don't respond. I keeping walking. As fast as my legs can take me.

~

Tris' P.O.V:

"Where's the guy?" I ask watching the sleeping child in my arms. "You said his name was Four?"

All I would like to know is why his name is a number because that's weird right? Why would his parents do that to him? The boy in front of me-- er, Man? His lips form a tight line as he sits in the chair next to the bed.

"He, um, had to go."

I look to the window viewing the people outside of my room. They are looking at me, discussing me, like I'm some kind of project. I look down at the little girl. She looks like me but she looks more like the guy that was here before. I figure she's probably my daughter. The child begins to stir and she whimpers. The whimper is short. She returns to her resting state.

I look at the boy. He has on glasses, his hair is sticking up in all directions like he's been awake all night. Bags under his eyes and his face is pale. I suppose he looks like me.

"Are you still confused?" He eases. I nod. "I'm Caleb, your brother. Raven is your daughter-"

"I figured. And Four must be my husband?"

"Try boyfriend or, you know, fiance. Is this bringing back any memories?"

I shake my head and look down at the little girl. "What's her name?"

"Raven. Can you remember anything?"

"Uh... No. Sorry."

"It's not your fault."

I sigh. I have a fiancé and I don't even remember him. I glance down at the child in my hands and close my eyes.

Please remember something. Anything.