Longest Nap I've Ever Taken

Zander

You failed me! I've done so much for you! 

I'm sorry!  I'm sorry! I tried! 

You ran, you stupid girl! 

I tried! I really did! 

Well, then why don't I have what I want? One girl was all I asked. And you failed!

We've overestimated her! And she was surrounded by friends!

I know her power! I apparently I overestimated yours.

I'm sorry!

Sorry, won't cut it! We need her! This is the second time you have failed! You must be punished!.

Please, no! I tried! I really tried! Please-. Screams filled my head.

I sat up screaming. 

The room unblurred. Was I in a hospital? It didn't matter, I had to save her. She was being tortured! I pushed off the blankets, leaped off the bed, and dashed towards the door. I stopped short. Footsteps were coming towards the door. I dove under one of the beds in the room I was in. 

The door flew open and an old lady ran in. She looked at my empty bed in alarm.

"Whitehurst? Whitehurst, are you in here?"

I didn't answer.

She pulled out her wand.

"Lumos."

She raised her now lit wand to see in the darkness then turned and sent around and began to hurry out, to get some help I guessed.

I jumped up and snatched my wand from a table that was by the bed I had been in. I waved my wand over myself and muttered a spell I don't remember and changed the pajamas I was into my normal wizard robes with muggle clothes underneath. I crept after the old lady. She turned right but I walked straight, trying to stay quiet so that she wouldn't see me. After a bit, I began to run down the hall. I was still at Hogwarts. I knew where the front doors where. I was getting nearer.

"Hey! What are you doing out of bed!"

I glanced over my shoulder and saw a teacher. I didn't stop, just kept running.

"Come back."

I blocked a spell meant to trip me. I turned a few corners and finally got to the front door of Hogwarts. Dang! It was locked.

"Whitehurst!"

I turned around to face my opponent.

"Careful! He just woke up. He's been sleeping for a few months and he's probably a bit disoriented." 

It was the old lady and a few other teachers. 

I froze. A few months!

"Wh-what do you mean a few months," I stuttered.

"Please, Whitehurst, drop your wand."

Just do it! I'll be fine.

But-.

I've received much worst. Drop your wand.

I did as she said.

"What do you mean I've been sleeping for a few months?"

They realized I wasn't going to resist so they answered me.

"After your friends saw you run into the woods after that person they got teachers. It took an hour or so but we finally found you lying in the trees, obviously spelled."

"What?!"

*********

Turns out it was all true. I had slept all semester and even a few weeks into the summer. My mom had decided it would be best if I stayed in the wizarding world so that muggles wouldn't ask questions. I have no idea what possessed them with the idea to keep me at Hogwarts instead of putting me in the hospital. After I woke it was decided that I'd stay at Hogwarts for the rest of the summer and catch up on schoolwork. (To tell you the truth I only passed exams because the girl would once awhile take over my brain and answer the question for me.)

I was becoming more and more used to the girl having the connection in my brain and soon it would have been weird to me if she wasn't there. We actually got on each other's nerves sometimes because we would sometimes think we were talking to the other person. Like this one time in the library I was studying and whispered to myself "Would Harry Potter have fought so hard to live if he knew what pain he was causing the student's brains from all the studying about him?" and she replied that she believed he would, it ended in me muttering angrily but then stopping suddenly when I saw a teacher giving me a strange look from across the library.

Millie had been put into hiding to protect her from whatever was trying to hurt her (a.k.a. whoever girl in my head was working for). However, she suddenly was showing a rebellious streak and currently, they had no idea where she was but I was confident she was fine. 

Gosh, it was really going to be awkward when the school year started again.