Clueless Half-Blood

A boy that was about eleven with black hair that reached halfway down his neck and had dark brown eyes and a serious expression sat outside the leaky cauldron waiting. He seemed to be lost in thought but really he was just trying to hide his scared and anxious feelings. He was supposed to meet a lady that his mom only talked to on the phone. But she was five minutes late and he, always being precise on time, was mentally dying.

After another five excruciating minutes a lady quickly hurried up to the pub with two girls following her. Her eyes scanned the surroundings for a bit until she caught sight of the boy and hurried over to him.

"Are you Zander Whitehurst?" she asked him with a smile and handshake.

"Yes, you must be Mrs. Marowski," he said in a strong voice to hide his awkwardness.

She smiled "That I am. These are my daughters. This is Ashe," she motioned to the older girl "and this is Millie," She motioned to the younger one.

Zander politely nodded at both.

"Now, let's go find your school things."

Zander was quite surprised and confused when the wall opened up to Diagon Alley and was even more surprised with all the sights inside the alley.

The first thing they did was run to the wizard bank to exchange Zander's muggle money with wizard money and get some money out of his Father's vault.

He was quite embarrassed when a broom that had gotten out of control whizzed past his head and he crouched and covered his head like bombs were falling. It soon became apparent to the Madowskis that Zander knew nothing about the wizarding world.

Ashe became annoyed with Zander and him with her. Yet he kinda admired her secretly for the way she carried herself with pride and dignity.

After a bit, Mrs. Marowski suggested Zander and Millie go look at the animals and pick out one for Zander while she and Ashe saw to getting some ink and quills.

On the way Millie tried to strike up a conversation with the stiff-with-embarrassment Zander.

"So you're a half muggle?" she asked casually.

Zander stopped and looked at her.

"What did you call me?"

She became confused. "A half muggle."

Zander was still confused. "A what?"

Millie finally figured it out "You don't know what a muggle is. Of course. A muggle is a human. In other words, not a wizard."

Zander didn't like the way she said that and thought she must think he didn't know anything so he stopped talking to her until they reached the shop.

Zander picked out a snowy owl and named it Vance.

They then met Mrs. Marowski and Ashe at the bookstore and got the required books.

When Millie and Zander walked into the wand shop. Millie felt excited but Zander was still in a daze from a picture on a book jump-scaring him.

"Ah, two new wizards. Are you brother and sister or friends?" Mr. Olivander greeted them.

Before Millie could say "Friends" Zander cut in and said: "Her family is just helping me get some school things."

"Right, then. Let's start with you, Millie, shall we?"

Millie seemed surprised by how the older man knew her name, but smiled brightly and came forward. Olivander couldn't help but grin at her apparent enthusiasm. He went to the back and carefully slid out a slim box out of the many others, walking back to the front desk he opened it and handed the wand to her

"First, let's try a nine-inch birch with a unicorn hair core" Millie carefully took the wand from the elder and waved it around. The only thing that happened was the lights flickering and several boxes flying from their places.

Olivander shook his head. "That's not it, let's see" he turned around and started to fiddle around among the slim containers while Millie placed the wand back into the box from whence it came.

When he returned he opened the next box, that too didn't work.

After a while, they settled on a Cypress wood with a Pheonix feather core.

Mr. Olivander than turned to Zander. "And now for you."

Zander scrunched his eyebrows. He had seen what had happened to Millie and didn't feel all that excited to do it himself.

But he walked up anyways and looked into the older man's eyes. Olivander looked back with a smiling face but slightly faltered when he seemed to see something deep within Zander.

Olivander turned away, thinking his mind was playing tricks on him, and picked out a box.

After some time they found that a 13-inch walnut wood with a Pheonix feather core wand worked best for Zander.

Next, they went and got Millie and Zander some school robes at Madam Malkins.

On the way out of the robes shop, Zander accidentally ran into a girl who was entering the boutique.

"Watch it!" she yelled at him. She was a tall brown haired girl with a mature looking face and Zander could tell she was snobby.

"Sorry," he almost growled while he picked up the parcels he dropped but she ignored him and pushed past Millie into the shop.

"She was rude," Millie observed, handing him one of his bundles.

"Now c'mon dears, times a'ticking" Millie's mother popped up and guided the troupe through the busy streets.

A/n: My editor is awesome! I'm not just saying that because she's sitting next to me! I mean it! If you want to check out her account it's

Krayzee_Tree

A/n (three years later): I'm coming back and editing things but at the same time I'm keeping things as original as I can because I love to read my old writings and see how much I've progressed!
(Speaking of which, I found an old My Little Kitty notebook that contained an old Hobbit rip-off (aka fanfic) I wrote at age 11. My writing from then to this book changed a small bit and now I'm way better!)