I reluctantly scooted over in my bed and Adam sat beside me, tucking himself under my covers. I sighed and laid my head on his shoulder, fighting a new wave of tears. 

"Is it Luke? I'll go beat him up." He said, handing me a few yellow and green Skittels.

I chuckled and put the skittles in my hand, popping one of the yellow ones in my hand. "Don't beat him up, we just had a stupid fight."

"What about?"

"Lindsay and Amber."

"That's an odd topic to fight about." He said slowly.

"I just told him that I didn't think that it was safe for her to go Lindsay to go to lunch alone with Amber and, I don't know, he just went off on me."

"Well, I guess that's a chain reaction, kind of." He muttered with a mouthful of grape Skittels.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"We were hanging out earlier, after school. So I was kind of in a dick mood because of this whole Jack and Lindsay thing. So I kind of took it out on him. I mean, we didn't really fight or argue, but my bad mood probably rubbed off a bit."

I looped my arms around Adam's, eating a green Skittel. "You still love her, don't you?" I asked, just above the whisper.

He chuckled humorlessly. "It doesn't matter, I messed it up. She can do better than me, she is doing better than me. She deserves him, to be happy."

"Oh man, you got it bad." I joked.

"Yeah, I know. The worst part is that it's my fault, all of it. I messed it all up. I had her, but then I just gave her up."

"Why'd you do it then? I mean, if you love her so much, why'd you do it?" I asked him.

"I honestly don't remember." He said quietly.

I rolled my eyes. Men. "Well I guess this is the best time to sulk together in our troubled high school lifes."

"Oh, shut up. You know everything will be fine between you and Luke by tomorrow morning." He said.

"I hope so." I said, letting my eyes begin to close. 

"Are you falling asleep on my shoulder? You haven't done that in years." 

I shrugged and flipped off the light. "We both need each other right now so just shut up and accept it."

He laughed before sinking down so that we were laying down in the bed. "Goodnight." He sighed.

"Goodnight." I said lightly as I expected sleep to hit me any second until...

"You're a jerk!"

"Shut up, don't touch my stuff!"

"That's mine, stupid!"

"No, it's mine! Leave it alone!"

I groaned at the argument next door. "I thought they were asleep." I whispered in the darkness.

"They were asleep." Adam whispered back.

"Well isn't Ayden home?" 

"Ayden went out."

I groaned again and kicked my legs over the side of the bed, standing to my feet. "Great. He's home for like, two weeks and he can't just fucking act like it for one night?" I snapped.

Adam followed and we hurried out the door. "You know how he is."

"Yeah, he's an ass." I growled as we walked into the twins room as they were rolling around the floor in a ten year old wrestling match.