Mood Rings, An Angel, and A Tease

Start from the beginning

"How would you know?"

"....They look gross." Dean corrected himself.

"Well, what about this kind of kiss?" Cas asked. He leaned over, still clutching the bear, and kissed Dean on the cheek. Dean's eyes went wide.

"That wasn't so bad." He admitted, blushing slightly.

*****

A few days later, Dean and Cas met up again for a playdate. Cas brought two mood rings with him, wedding rings, he deemed them.

So, with Cas' s siblings Gabriel and Hannah, and the stuffed bear from the carnival as witnesses, Dean and Cas got married. Balthazar googled what was said at a wedding and recited it for them, and they kissed on the cheek. But when they went to put on the rings, the boys discovered that their fingers were far too small for the rings.

So Dean got some string, and they wore the rings on necklaces until they see big enough for them to fit in their fingers.

A year later, Dean and Cas were as close as ever, and still married, of course. The boys were laughing in Dean's house when Dean's father came home with a friend.

"Bobby!" Dean exclaimed.

"Hey Dean," Bobby replied. He smiled at the boys. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh, Cas isn't my friend." Dean explained. "He's my husband."

"He what?" John Winchester questioned. Bobby just grinned knowingly.

"Okay then." He agreed. Dean smiled, grabbed Cas's hand, and they ran from the room.

*****

When school started again, the boys were in the same class. On the first day, Dean was back by the cubbies when a red haired girl approached him.

"Hi!" She exclaimed. "I'm Charlie!"

"I'm Dean," he replied, eyeing Charlie. "Do you have cooties?"

"No." Charlie declared. "I got my cooties shots."

"Okay!"

Cas, of course, chose that moment to walk back and see them.

"Dean!" He proclaimed. "Who's this?"

"This is Charlie, don't worry, she's cootie free."

"Hi!" Charlie offered.

"Hello," Cas replied. "I'm Cas." He wrapped his arm around Dean. "Don't go kissing him cause we're married."

"You're married?" Charlie questioned.

"Yep! For five whole months!" Dean confirmed. Cas kissed Dean's cheek and they smiled.

"You two are SO cute together!" Charlie declared.

****

Cas, Dean, and Charlie were best friends from then on. One day, the trio was in class, drawing pictures for the teacher to hang up around the room.

"Castiel, what's your name mean?" Charlie asked.

"I'm named after an angel," Cas explained.

"Really?" Dean questioned. Cas nodded, and Dean's face brightened. "Then that's gonna be your nickname!"

"My what?" Cas asked.

"My parents have special nicknames for eachother, like sweetheart and honey and stuff. So I'm gonna call you angel."

"Oh. Okay." Dean grabbed a crayon and quickly added something to his drawing.

The teacher came around shortly after, looking at each child's drawing. She paused at Dean's.