thirteen ⇄ liar

▀▄▀▄▀▄ thirteen ▄▀▄▀▄▀

somebody knocked on his office door.

yoongi sighed, but he invited them in anyway.

it was a younger man, maybe twenty. he was basically a kid.

yoongi didn't have patience for children, as you might learn.

"hi, uhh.. you're min yoongi?" he asked, taking a seat in front of yoongi's desk. yoongi nodded.

"i was uh.. wondering, since mr. kim told me you'd be able to handle it, if i could get an interview?" he asked. his bunny-like smile was flashed briefly.

"sure. i can do it now. resume?" he asked, holding his ready hand out.

the younger man handed him a folder, and yoongi took it.

he didn't bother reading the name.

"it looks like you don't have that much experience?" yoongi more pointed out than asked.

"yeah, i.. i don't know. i know that doesn't look too good on my part, but this is where I want to start, you know? i feel i'd be very good at this job, and i learn quick," he said.

yoongi knew this type of guy, he was confident to the point where he was arrogant, and he thought his good looks would get a pass for everything.

"i won't be teaching you, even if you are hired," yoongi shut him down.

"o-oh.." he looked down to avoid eye contact.

"well, i uh.."

"this says you took an english major and you only have a high school diploma," yoongi thoroughly read through his resume.

"you didn't even go on the right path for his job," yoongi was being pretty strict. the man sighed.

"look, i know this looks like im wasting your time, but.. the truth is, my ex started working here about two and a half months ago, and i just wanted to.. you know, see him again. i really messed up, and i wanna make it up to him" the man explained.

yoongi looked him in the eye.

he looked like a rabbit, and i used to think it was cute. now i think it looks dumb.

i remember he always used to be pretty buff.

yoongi looked at the man's protruding front teeth, and his muscular biceps.

he looked at the name on the resume.

jeon jeongguk.

he closed the folder.

"i won't be hiring you, jeongguk," he said, his face cold.

"i.. why not? if i may ask?" he took the folder from yoongi. yoongi clasped his hands together.

"you broke jimins fucking heart, and i will not let him near you," he muttered. jeongguk suddenly got angry.

"it isn't any of your fucking business!" jeongguk said.

"it doesn't matter, because im in charge of hiring, and i'm not hiring you. not only did you break jimin, but you're also not fit nor qualified for this job," yoongi said calmly.

jeongguk scoffed.

"you dont know shit about me and jimin," he did sound pretty arrogant.

"yes i do, in fact. he told me everything. he told me exactly how he feels about you, and he will never want to see you again," yoongi told him. jeongguk scoffed.

"you don't know that. i still love him, and he probably still loves me," jeongguk stood up.

"jeongguk?" the two adversaries heard a small voice come from the door of yoongi's office.

"jimin," jeongguk and yoongi said at the same time, both turning to stare at him.

"what are you doing here, jeongguk?" jimin asked, closing the door behind him.

"jimin, i can get rid of him if you want me to," yoongi said immediately. jeongguk glared at him.

"no, i- jimin, please, hear me out," jeongguk pleaded. he stepped closer to jimin.

yoongi stepped around his desk and in front of jeongguk.

"stay out of this," jeongguk spit at yoongi, stepping even closer.

"jiminie, do you want me to get him to leave? are you okay?" yoongi asked jimin, ignoring the younger man. jimin was bewildered.

"don't fucking call him that," jeongguk growled at yoongi, and then turned to jimin, "please, baby, i love you so much. let me talk to you," he said quietly.

Jimin didnt respond. instead, he let out shaky breaths.

yoongi stepped so that he was right in front of jimin, blocking jeongguk. jeongguk just stayed back.

"jimin, do you want me to get him to leave? what do you want?" he asked softly. jimin swallowed the thick lump in his throat.

he took a hold of yoongis hand, gripping it tighly. he walked past him, locking eyes with jeongguk.

"jeongguk," he started, his voice strong. "i want you to leave," his firm stance had fallen by then.

"jimin, baby," jeongguk tried to convince him.

"leave," jimin said.

"jimin, im sorry. maybe after some time you can at least hear me out?" jeongguk asked.

"he wants you to leave," yoongi moved in front of jimin so that jeongguk couldn't reach him.

jeongguk sighed. he grabbed his stuff, giving one last longing look to jimin, and then left.

as soon as jeongguk was gone, jimin let out a shaky breath and turned to yoongi, wrapping his arms around yoongis waist. he pressed his forehead to the older's chest,

yoongi hugged him in return, pulling him closer. jimin started to cry quietly.

"are you okay, jiminie?" yoongi asked softly, breathing in the scent of jimins hair.

holy shit this kid smelled amazing.

"no," jimin's words were broken between sobs.

"he hurt me so bad and he still wants to come here and make me forgive him," jimin said, and yoongi sighed.

yoongi ran his fingers through jimin's soft hair, and kissed the side of his head.

"its okay, jiminie. i won't let him here," yoongi whispered.

"i hate him so much, but i still really love him," jimin whimpered, and noticed his wet tears dampening yoongi's button-up.

"how can you still love him?" yoongi asked. he felt hurt.

"it takes more than three months to fall out of love with someone you were going to propose to," jimins sobbing had subsided a bit, and he laid his head against yoongis chest and stared outside of his office window.

"it takes less than two to fall in love with someone," yoongi mumbled.

"hmm?" jimin sniffled.

"nothing," yoongi said quickly.

"you're over me, right yoongi? like i'm not leading you on by hugging you?" jimin asked. it had been a month since their last altercation.

yoongi thought for a second.

"yeah," he said softly, his voice barely audible.

min yoongi had never told a single lie in his life, until now.

hola, pls check out my new fanfics called get a room, wraith, and soho. they're all super kool

also be ready for an update spam