twenty six ⇄ velvet and cherries

▀▄▀▄▀▄ twenty six ▄▀▄▀▄▀  

the two sat there for a while, just like that. yoongi held jimin close as the younger cried into his shoulder for about an hour.

until jimin was finally ready to talk. they pulled back a bit, and yoongi sat in his chair. jimin took his spot in his lap.

it wasn't sexual this time. yoongi just wanted to sit and listen, even if it was about his crummy ex-boyfriend.

"i can't believe i was so stupid," jimin huffed, he was seated mostly sideways, but still leaned against yoongi's chest. as yoongi comforted jimin by coming his fingers through the younger's hair, his head was nudged into yoongi's neck.

"you weren't," yoongi tried to reassure.

"just let me talk for a second, yoongi," jimin said. yoongi sighed.

"i was so stupid to trust him. i knew he already cheated, but i thought maybe he'd be like you and.. not do it the moment he remembered it was wrong. i thought he'd be as sweet as you. but i was stupid to think that. i should've just listened to you. god i hate myself for being so blinded by how cute his bunny smile was. i just thought maybe there was a chance he had changed and that he loved me the way he promised he did," jimin rambled.

yoongi sighed.

"he probably had his fingers crossed every time he made a promise," yoongi said. jimin hummed.

"and i thought you said his smile looked dumb?" yoongi asked. jimin laughed.

"i think everything about his is dumb now," jimin said to himself. "i always did," yoongi agreed.

"you hating him just as much as me makes me feel a lot better," jimin said, sighing. he just stared out at the view of yoongi's office window.

"it makes me feel better that i can openly hate him," yoongi replied.jimin giggled.

a sound for sore ears.

"can you.. drive me back to my apartment to grab my stuff? well, it's jeongguks apartment now. but i need my stuff," jimin said shyly. yoongi hummed

"of course i can take you. it's after closing, so do you want to leave now?" yoongi asked. jimin nodded.

"i don't even know if im ready to see him," jimin sighed, standing up. yoongi followed.

"i'll be right next to you the whole time, 'min. i won't let him touch you. and best luck, he's not there," yoongi gave him a smile as he collected the stuff he needed to take home.

"also, if you want, you can stay at my place until you have things figured out," yoongi said, and jimin smiled brightly at him. "really? you'd let me?" he asked. yoongi nodded.

as long as you sleep in my bed.

after closing down the whole office, they made their way to yoongi's car.

as jimin gave yoongi directions to his former apartment, he sang the lyrics to the songs playing and danced in his seat.

that was added to the list of things yoongi would never forget he saw jimin do that he absolutely cherished.

it was a short drive, surprisingly. it was a blur as yoongi followed jimins lead, winding through the hallways and waiting on an elevator. he pulled out his keys, and then unlocked the door.

jimin took a deep breath as he pushed open the door. he made his way inside, and yoongi followed.

jeongguk wasnt in sight from the trip to the front door to jimin's room, so jimin immediately began packing, just like he did the night he found jeongguk cheating on him the first time.