Tables Turned (Sans x Reader)

"birds are sing, flowers are blooming. . . on days like these, kids like you. . ." Sans paused for a second before opening his eyes. "are too young for me. hehe. sorry, kiddo."

I frowned, slowly lowering my head. My lips quivered and my vision began to blur. The flowers that I planned to give to Sans fell off my grip, scattering beside my feet.

"oh no, kid, there's no need to cry!" Sans wraps his arms around me and pulls me in for a hug.

Since he was taller than me, I stood on my tippy toes, and buried my face in his blue hoodie. "w-we can still be friends! hey, how about we go to grillbyz tonight? fries on me!"

"O-okay," I nod, wiping my tears with my blue and magenta sleeve.

He reaches out his bony hand, waiting for me to grab it. I let out a shaking sigh before I accepted it. Well, at least staying as friends is better than not being friends. After all, I'm only 10 years old.

[ T A B L E S T U R N E D ]

The echo flower whispers in my ear, telling me conversations that the flower has picked up from passersby.

Am I eavesdropping? I giggled. Oh well.

I rolled on my back, gazing at the gems glistering high above. They may be nothing like stars from the surface, but it's still a pretty sight.

I closed my eyes for a second, before hearing a phasing sound behind me. I tilt my head back and saw Sans, nervously smiling and holding something behind his back.

I stood up and smile, "Hello, Sans!"

Years had past and I finally grew past his height, now he's just a shoulder below me. But he's still the same as always. Cute, punny and lazy.

He hesitantly looked around, light blue tint on his cheekbone, before speaking, "happy birthday, (y/n)."

"Thank you, Sans! Can you believe it, I'm finally 18! How times have changed," I grinned. He somewhat looked a bit nervous. I gently placed a hand on his shoulder and raised a brow, "Sans? What's the matter?"

He took a step back, clearing the back of his throat before looking at me deep in the eyes, "(y/n)–" He took out a bouquet of flowers that was hiding behind his back and reaches it towards me. "i-i like you, and- and- will you go on a date with me?"

I gasp, lightly taken back. He used the same line I asked him 8 years ago before he rejected me. The feelings I had for him never faded away and I'm glad that it didn't. It was worth the wait.

"Of course," I chuckled and kissed him on his foreskull, accepting the flowers he had proposed. The colour of his blush deepens, spreading wider across on his face. "Funny how the tables been turned."

[T A B L E S T U R N E D ]

Welp, that was fun to write. Cute and short. I got the inspiration from a fanart I saw from Sans & Frisk, but I couldn't seem to find it anymore. But creds to them for giving me an idea.