Chapter 5

"First period, gym," Logan walked with me to the gym.

"I see Logan has a new boy toy," the new gym teacher pointed out to the whole class. As if cued the whole class laughed.

"Well, this 'boy toy' can beat you up," I retorted. Logan looked at me with wide eyes, that probably meant I shouldn't be picking a fight with this teacher, but when have I ever made a good decision to fight someone.

"Oh is that so, princess," the teacher seemed amused that I would be trying to challenge him.

"Try me, bitch," I smirked. I lived for the thrill of a fight. Or a kill.

"Well lucky for you, we are doing fighting classes starting today," he smiled, a sort of grin that suggested he was about to hurt me. Or at least try. I smiled right back at him innocently. The entire class seemed entirely invested in our fight, except Logan, who looked worried for me.

"Don't worry I can handle myself," I kissed him on the cheek. His cheeks got slightly pink.

"I will now demonstrate how badly you can get hurt, Oli is a wonderful volunteer, I won't be going easy on him, and this will show all of you not to test me and how much you have to learn," he said. I don't know why they would teach 'dangerous hybrids' about combat.

"Oh should I go easy on you then?" I asked sweetly. He just glared at me. Oh this will be so fun. led

He led me and the rest of the class to a mat in the centre of the gym. It was a mat meant for the entire class to be practicing so I had space to kick his ass. He motioned the class to stand around the mat, probably wanted to push me around. I snapped my fingers to get some fighting clothes on. For me it was just some skin tight pants and a long sleeved shirt that was open in the back for my wings.

"Wanna change coach?" I asked, still with that game sweetness. He just kept glaring at me.

"Is anyone recording this?" I heard a boy in the back ask his classmates. I also heard a couple people say yes. I walked over to Logan to reassure him.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked.

"Look it's cute that you care about me, but I love fighting people, remember how I got here?" I smiled.

"But you don't have Alex," he said.

"I don't need Alex," I felt bad about saying that, but I could handle myself.

Alex's POV:
It was my free period, and thankfully Avery had the same schedule as me.

"You should see this," Mija showed me her phone. On the screen was a live video of something happening in the gym. I heard Oli.

"I don't need Alex," he was saying to Logan. Everyone was crowding around a mat. I knew he was going to fight someone.

"Fuck," I whispered under my breath. I needed to stop him.

Oli's POV:
As soon as the spike of adrenaline hit me I was back in the slums, fighting whoever I saw, fighting for money. The teacher stood across from me and the rest of the room faded away. He had a good stance, but I knew he wouldn't stand a chance. We circled each other before he threw a punch at me. I easily dodged, and we kept circling. 

After a while of nothing happening, I saw my opening. His legs muscles tensed as he dropped to the ground. Everything seemed to happen in slow motion from then. I jumped over his leg, and he was popping back up. My leg hit him in the chest and then I turned around, and smacked my other leg into his head. The force of the blow knocked him out. The entire class was yelling. I had tunnel vision. My self control was lost. He was on the ground.

"Stop! Oli!" Someone was pulling me back and shaking me. 

"Oh my god," the voice whispered. He looked into my eyes, and in the reflection I saw darkness swirling, all traces of gold were gone. I blinked my eyes a couple times, and the darkness receded. The flecks of gold came back and I recognised the face in front of me. 

"Alex? Alex oh my god, what did I do?" I whispered. 

"Shhhh it's okay, let's go" Alex walked away, expecting me to follow. I walked with him, and someone followed me. Logan. 

"Fuck off Logan," Alex's voice got deadly silent. 

"Wait," I protested.

"No, you don't get to say anything, Logan go away I need to talk to my friend," he hissed our the words friend as if I was the last person he wanted to see.