Chapter Eight

With massive amounts of stress weighing Zora down back in Georgia, she had to find a way to unwind. It was a difficult task when her father was at home, but when he was at work, it was her time to coax into relaxation. Yoga was her preferred way to destress, and to have it as her gym class was ever better.

There were other ways to unwind. Her personal favorite was dance. Watching YouTube videos and learning the choreography them all was how she learned, providing her with her dream of becoming a Broadway dancer. And to achieve her dream, she knew she had to keep her flexibility and strength up.

Yoga provided exactly that. The peaceful tranquility of it all captivated her. Closing her eyes, inhaling deep breaths as she balanced and became one with her soul was heaven-sent. To be able to do it for gym class rather than run the track and play badminton was a dream come true.

What was an even greater dream come true was to finally be able to use the women's locker room. With Helen providing her with the paperwork to state her identity as a woman at school, she was finally able to use the women's restroom and, finally, locker room without hassle.

Yet before she could walk into the locker room, she was called aside by a teacher. "Excuse me, this is the ladies locker room."

"I know."

"Then why are you going in there?"

"Because I am a lady."

"Unless you can show me that you are allowed to go in there, you will have to change in the boy's locker room."

Zora wrapped her arms around herself and said, "My mom sent in the papers that allow me to use the women's bathroom-"

"That doesn't include the locker rooms. Until I receive the form from the principal allowing you to change in here, I can't let you in here. School policy."

"How long will it take to get the form submitted and authorized?"

"About a week."

"A week?" Zora exclaimed, earning stares from her peers. "You mean I have to change in the boy's locker room, where they most likely want to hurt me because they see me as a freak who intimidates their toxic masculinity, for a week?"

"We have a strict 'no tolerance' policy at our school. I know you're new here, but I am following protocol. The situation is out of my hands. If I let you in there without the proper forms, I could lose my teachings license."

Though Zora understood where the teacher was coming from, she couldn't help but panic. To be humiliated by going into the locker room of the opposite gender, just like at her old school, would be mortifying. Having people kick her in the crotch and call her a tranny faggot would be nothing new, but it was a pain she hoped to avoid at her new school. All she could do as she stood there was wish she and Helen knew about that form earlier so she could have sent them in sooner.

"Don't worry, Miss Chesterfield," Spencer's familiar voice spoke up from behind Zora. He wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her into his side. "I'll keep a good eye on her in the locker room. I won't let anyone hurt her."

"Thank you," the teacher smiled. "I'm very sorry, dear, about the miscommunication. What is your name?"

"Zora."

She smiled. "Well, Zora, I look forward to seeing you in my class."

As Spencer dragged her away, Zora whimpered. "I can't believe this."

"We used to have a policy where transgender kids could use the locker room they felt comfortable using without any forms last year. But then a group a boys snuck into the women's locker room by cross dressing and claiming to be trans. A group of girls were molested, and one was raped. Thankfully they were all expelled.