nine

Taeyeon stood up on her tippy toes as she searched the minimal crowd of people at the station.

She was trying to find the uniform of the student. She didn't know his face or his name. She was ready to give up and try again the next day, but then she saw his uniform leaving the station on the other side.

Taeyeon checked the time on her watch. She would be a few minutes late to school, but she decided that returning a sweater was more important than first period.

She ran after him, weaving though the minimal crowd of people.

"Um - excuse me!" Taeyeon shouted. "Excuse me!"

Jihoon turned around. "Me?"

Taeyeon stopped around and she took a step back. "Uh... Yes, you."

The two were ten feet apart, staring at each other. Unlike Jihoon who was breathing normally, Taeyeon was huffing from the run. There was fog around her face as she exhaled and inhaled.

Taeyeon extended her arm out, the sweater in her hand. "I think this belongs to you."

Jihoon looked back and forth from the sweater to her face. He walked closer to her and slowly grasped his sweater.

"Thank you," he whispered. "I've been looking for this."

Taeyeon subtly smiled. "Yeah, I had a feeling. I should...go to school now. Um - it was nice meeting you."

Jihoon smiled and nodded. Taeyeon turned around and began walking in the direction of her school.

Jihoon stared at her back. He lifted the sweater to his nose and sniffed it. It smelled too feminine. Like it was Taeyeon's shampoo.

"Wait!" Jihoon shouted.

Taeyeon turned around and watch as he ran back to her.

"You didn't bring a jacket today. It's pretty cold. You should borrow this for today and return it to me another day," Jihoon said.

Before Taeyeon could decline, he already thrusted the sweater into her arms and ran away. Taeyeon was shocked.

He was right though. It was cold. Taeyeon unfolded the sweater and watched as a small piece of paper fell onto the ground.

She bent down and picked it up.

Here's my number. +82 xxx-xxxx-yyyy.
-Jihoon

Taeyeon chuckled as she put on his sweater. "So your name is Jihoon... You're sort of like Cinderella."