eight

It was Monday morning.

Taeyeon woke up early that day. She was determined to return the sweater to its owner. She brushed her teeth, washed her face - did everything she normally would have done. After she got dressed, she grabbed her school bag and the sweater, tucking it between her arm and waist.

She walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. She greeted her parents and younger sister, then sat down for breakfast.

"You're up early today," her father commented.

Taeyeon nodded. "I'm going to return the sweater to its owner today. I didn't want to forget it on my desk."

"I would have just kept it," her little sister retorted. "It's a nice sweater."

"Well, that's not polite," their mother replied. "You should be more polite like your sister. Now chew with your mouth closed. It's disgusting when your mouth is open."

Her sister rolled her eyes but listened to their mother anyway. She continued to eat the rest of her breakfast in silence.

Taeyeon's sister was in middle school, so she was allowed to walk to school because it was much closer than Taeyeon's school.

"It's about time for you to go, sweetie," her father said. "I'll see you at dinner."

Taeyeon nodded and kissed her father's cheek and hugging her mother and sister before walking out of the house.

Taeyeon took out her phone to check the time. She smiled. "Right on time."