five

Gi Taeyeon was a popular girl at her school. It was an all-girls school on the opposite side of the town.

She had it all. She was beautiful, skinny, smart. But she didn't care about that. She didn't care if she gained weight. She actually preferred to gain weight. She didn't like being skinny.

It scared her to think that she could become anorexic if she wanted to be. Taeyeon didn't want to end up like her older sister.

Taeyeon loved her older sister. Her older sister always took care of her. Taeyeon noticed when she started getting quieter and distant, but she didn't know why.

Taeyeon asked her sister one time "Nika, are you okay? You're not talking as much anymore."

Her sister replied with a smile "I'm great, Tae. Don't worry about me."

Taeyeon believed Nika.

Two weeks later, Taeyeon found Nika passed out in the bathroom. Nika was forcing herself to throw up.

The bathroom stunk with the smell of vomit. Taeyeon cringed when she smelled it, and she still cringed whenever she thought about it.

Nika was in a rehabilitation center in the countryside. Taeyeon could only visit on holidays, and she treasured those visits.

Taeyeon never told anyone about that. Only her family knew. Taeyeon didn't want to tell anyone about her older sister. They'd pity her or ask too many questions.

Taeyeon didn't like being the center of attention.