Chapter 13: Another Loss

(Minho's POV)

I was happily eating until I caught movement in the corner of my eye, I quickly turn my head, worried it could be a crank. But it was only Y/N, she stood up looking off into the distance. 

"Everything alright Y/N?" I ask her, she still looks of into the distance but answers me. "Do you guys hear that?" She asks everyone, "no. What are you talking about Y/N?" Thomas asks standing up, Y/N still keeps her eyes on whatever in the distance.

I was about to say something until Y/N started walking, "Y/N where are you going?!" I yell, now getting up, Thomas runs after her and gets in front of her.

(Thomas' POV)

"Y/N, you need to stop now. Just go back and finish your lunch." I say putting my hands on her shoulders, she stares at me, her eyes getting dark again. "Get the fuck out of my way Thomas" she says pushing me aside, I almost fell to the ground. Y/N begins to walk faster, I run after her and once again stop her.

"Y/N, you need to listen to me. There's nothing over there, the virus is just making you think that!" I yell, she stops and looks towards the others and then back to me. "It's not the virus Thomas." Is all she says before walking back to the group. I watch her go as I think what could be going on in that mind of hers.

~~Time Skip~~

We've been walking for hours, the sun is now setting and we needed to set up camp. "Why can't we just sleep in the berg?" Minho asks, Jorge turns to him. "Cause there's not enough beds in the berg, there's only two medical ones! And it will take us even longer to get to our destination if we head back to the berg!" Jorge says back before taking off his pack to set up his tent.

 I do the same and I finish quickly, I can't remember anything before the maze but I'm pretty sure I used to camp a lot. I look over to everyone and see they're doing good until I see Y/N, she was having trouble and I could tell that her hands were shaking. I quickly go over to her and lift up her hands to look at them.

The veins were spreading everywhere, this is way worse than Newt. "It's getting really bad Thomas." She says, I look up to her and see her eyes begin to fill with tears. "It's okay, we're gonna get you that serum." I say beginning to help her with her tent, but then I remember. Those are the same words I said to Newt, and he's gone.

~~Time Skip~~

Everyone had got their tent set up, I was sitting around a fire with Minho, Brenda, and Jorge. Y/N was in her tent, and I was worried about her. I don't know how much time everyone has left with her. 

"So do you miss her?" I hear Brenda ask, I immediately turn to her and know she's talking about Teresa. "Yeah, I do. She may have betrayed us but I loved her." I answer her, and I can see Minho smirk.

"Aww! The hero and the betrayer!" Minho says putting his hands together, I punch him in the arm making him stop. I really did miss Teresa, watching her fall were the worst moments of my life. She tried to make everything better, and even though she made things worse, she still had hope.

"I suggest we head to bed" Jorge says getting up, "we got a big day tomorrow!" He then heads into his tent, Minho doing the same. The only people left out here were me and Brenda. 

It was silent for a few minutes, until she spoke up. "How much time do you think she has left?" I look up to her and see her staring at Y/N's tent, "I don't think long, she's getting worse every second." I say back to Brenda, her eyes then meet mine, her face filled with fear. "We'll get her that serum." She says before heading to her tent, I think about what could happen to Y/N. But tiredness soon comes over me and I head to my tent to sleep.

Screams, that's all I hear. I run to where the screams are coming from, only to be in WICKED's headquarters again. I rush through every hall, looking for whoever is in trouble. Until, I come across a long dark hallway. Only a few lights in the distance keeping it somewhat lit.

I stop in my tracks when I see two familiar faces, Teresa and Y/N. I look to Teresa and see her eyes with fear, she has a knife to her chest. "NO!" I scream, Y/N then averts her eyes to me and I see what she's become. She was now full crank, her eyes completely black, a dark substance coming from her mouth, and veins trailing up her face.

"Tom." I hear Teresa say, but I keep my eyes focused on Y/N. She gets off of Teresa and faces me, "Y/N...it's me, Thomas." I say slowly moving towards her, "Thomas. Run." Y/N warns me, I stop moving and look at her confused and scared.

And suddenly she charges at me with the knife, tackling me to the ground, and stabbing me right in the chest. Y/N disappears from my vision and the last thing I see is Teresa.

I immediately wake up, my breathing is heavy. I get out of my tent and see that everyone is still asleep in their tents. But I look to Y/N's tent and it's wide open, I quietly walk over to it and see she's not there.

Panic quickly rushes over me, where is she? I take a flashlight and begin to search for her, once I'm far from the rest I begin to call for her. Street, after street, after street, and she's still nowhere to be scene.

I stop in my tracks when I see a familiar figure step out of a building, I watch the figure carefully until it comes into the light from the moon. "Y/N!" I yell getting her attention, I run up to her and she just stares at me. "Thomas. Run." She says to me, I back up shocked, that's the same thing she said in my dream.

Before I know it, her eyes go black, veins start popping up on her skin, and she begins to cough up that black substance to where eventually she passed out. I quickly rush to her aid and shake her, "Y/N wake up! Come on wake up Y/N!" I yell but it's still no use. Her crank body just lays there motionless.

I look around for any medical supplies, I know that any minute she'll be full crank but I still need to help her. I then eye a medical kit in a building, I quickly rush inside and open the medical kit. I'm shocked and thrilled at the same time, the serum.

I look back at Y/N through the glass and see she's getting back up, I rush outside and she spots me. I feel a deep pain in my chest as I see her full crank. "I'm sorry Thomas." She says, I back up eventually getting cornered into the wall, but she doesn't come after me. 

I watch her carefully with the serum right in my hand, she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a gun. My eyes widen as she raises it to her head, "NO!" I scream running to her, but it's too late.

The sound of a gun shot fills the air as she falls to the ground.

(Minho's POV)

I wake up to someone aggressively shaking me, I open my eyes and see Brenda. "Come on Minho, we have to hurry!" She yells, I look at her confused and get out of my tent. "What's going on?" I ask, she turns to me handing me a gun. "I really hate to say this but Y/N is infected, and she's gone along with Thomas." 

I feel like I can't breathe, infected, that word is a word I never want to hear. "Did you know?!" I ask Jorge, "nope. Just found out!" He says loading his gun, wait. ARE WE GOING TO KILL HER?

"Come on, we have to find them before something bad happens!" Brenda yells running somewhere, I quickly follow after her. Worried for Y/N and Thomas.

~~Time Skip~~

It seemed like we had been running for hours, until we all come to a stop. A gun shot fills the air, I look to Brenda with worry. "Let's go." She says running in the direction of the gunshot, I quickly follow after her and soon enough we turn a corner to see Thomas shaking a body rapidly.

I quickly rush over to Thomas and the body, only to see Y/N. She'd gone full crank, and was now dead in front of my eyes, there was a gun in her hand. I begin to feel tears fall from my eyes, she's gone.