Chapter 9: This Is Not Goodbye

(Your POV)

"Come on were almost there!" Gally says as we walk up a small staircase. I look back to Newt and he's just getting worse. The small staircase came up to a concrete platform, Gally stopped in the middle and pointed towards a street that ended at the wall. "We need to head that way" he says, I look back to Newt. His skin pale, hair drenched in sweat, veins popping out of him, and his eyes were changing. "Gally we need to take a break" I say putting my hand on his shoulder, he looks over to Newt and back to me. He nods and turns to the other guys, "lets stop here for a quick minute." He says, Thomas and Minho help Newt onto the steps going down the platform. 

"Thomas? Thomas are you there?" I hear a familiar voice say, Thomas takes out a walkie-talkie from his pocket and heads down the stairs further to talk. I go and sit beside Newt holding his hand in mine, I rest my head on his shoulder saving these moments with him. 

"I'm never gonna leave you, I want you to know that." I hear Newt's weak voice say, I take my head off his shoulder and look to him. "And I'm never gonna leave you" I say back to him making him look at me. "You're so beautiful" he says weakly, I smile and cup his cheek. I see him eyeing my lips so I pull him into a kiss, I can feel the black substance in his mouth on my lips. I pull away and he smiles before going back to his crank form. I turn away and spit out the black stuff that got on my lips and in my mouth. "You okay Y/N?" Minho comes up and asks me, "I'm fine." I say looking to Newt, Minho then leans down in front of me. "Yeah, I..uh....so you two kiss. So I wanted to make sure your fine." He says putting a hand on my shoulder.

I smile at him, and then look to Newt. "Look we might not have much time left with him" I hear Minho say, "but I will always be here with you. I promise." I begin to cry, thinking of Newt turning into a full crank. And us having to leave him. Me having to leave him.

Newt turns his head to me, I can see his face change to a concerned face as he sees me crying. He tries to get up but Minho rushes over and puts him down again. "Guys we have to go!" Thomas says joining us again, "okay let's go." Gally says grabbing his gun, but before anyone could move a big explosion comes from the wall in front of us. I look and the wall has collapsed, "they're supposed to take down WICKED not the whole city!" Gally yells over the loud noises.

"WELL WHO EVER YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, THIS IS NOT THE TIME!" I yell grabbing my gun, I look to Newt and he has a worried face on as Minho and Thomas help him up. 

~~Time Skip~~

As we run through the streets we see WICKED guards and cars lined up on one end of the street, we duck down beside a concrete block with plants growing out of it. "What are they waiting for?" Someone asks, but I'm too busy watching the other end of the street to find out who said it. 

But before I knew it another explosion comes from the other end of the street, "THAT!" I yell over the loud noise, people then come out from the explosion and the WICKED guards start firing. One guy comes up and shoots a rocket launcher at WICKED, I watch and some of the debris comes my way. It hits my leg and I scream in agony. "Y/N?!" I hear Newt yell, Thomas grabs me to where I'm fully hidden. "Y/N what happened?" Thomas asks as he looks all over my body for an injury, "I'm fine." I say back, I look to the boys and they stare at me with a you're not face.

I roll my eyes and take off my jacket ripping the sleeve off, I then wrap the sleeve around my injured leg. "See. Fine!" I say to the boys, Thomas rolls his eyes, Newt looks at me worriedly, Minho looks to my leg, and Gally says. "Okay we have to move now!" I get up and ignore the pain that just shot up through my leg, I help Newt up and give one of his arms to Minho as Thomas takes the other.

I quickly follow Gally to where we end up beside a building safe, and then in the midst of it all a berg flies over top giving me hope. "That's them guys we have to go!" Thomas says trying to get Newt up, but he refuses. And he begins to cough more of the black substance.