Chapter 6: The Unexpected Guest

(Thomas' POV)

I wake up to a loud bang from the room beside me, I'm curious so I get up and walk to the room. I knock on the door and there's no answer, I knock again but still no one answers, "alright I'm coming in!" I say turning the door handle, I walk into the room that's almost an exact replica of mine except there's Newt.

He's sitting next to his bed with his back to the wall, he has his knees against his chest and is crying. "Newt? Newt what's wrong?" I say sitting by his side, he looks up to me and even more tears begin to fall from his eyes. "Y/N, I killed her. I shucking killed her!" He says, I look at him confused, what is he talking about? "Newt you didn't kill her, she's still alive!" I say trying to calm him down, but it's no use. I decide to leave him for a few minutes so he can calm down.

When I'm back in my room I decide to lay down, thinking about what Newt could've been talking about. He must've had a nightmare, a bad one. But what exactly happened in his dream? I then hear a knock on my door, "give me a minute!" I yell fixing my hair and putting my jacket on.

I open the door to see Brenda, "good morning!" She says, I look around seeing if anyone else was up. "What are you doing up so early? You usually sleep in." I ask her moving out in the hall, "I couldn't sleep." She says rubbing her eyes, "so you stayed up all night?!" I ask her worriedly, "Brenda we have a busy schedule today you should go back to sleep!" I hear her sigh from behind me.

"Relax Thomas, I got sleep just not a lot of it." She says, I let out a sigh of relief. "Well come on, we have to find Gally so we can eat breakfast and build up the plan." She nods and follows me up the stairs to where Gally was last night.

~~Time Skip~~

 We were in a separate room far from the others, we were crowded around a round table discussing the plan. But I worry about Newt, he hasn't said a word. "She heads home a little after ten so we should head out about nine" Gally says, "wait this is the same girl who betrayed us right? Same dick?" Brenda says clearly stating she doesn't like Teresa that much.

"I like her" Gally says pointing his thumb over to Brenda, I put my hands on my hips thinking about what would happen if I really did see her, "Thomas. What's going on?" I hear Brenda ask, I ignore her still thinking on the thought. "You afraid your little girlfriend is gonna get hurt?" Newt says in an angered tone, I stop in my tracks and turn to him, "what?" Is all I can get out.

He keeps his eyes on me and stands up to move closer, "this has never been about saving Y/N or Minho has it? We traveled all the way here and now you don't want to because of her?!" He says getting in my face making me back up into a wall. "Newt..." but before I could say anything else he interrupts.

"DON'T LIE TO ME!" He shouts in my face, "DON'T. LIE. TO ME." I look at him terrified, what's wrong with him? He calms down, "I'm sorry Tommy." He says, before looking to everyone else, "I'm sorry" he says to them. And then he walks out of the room, up the stairs, and to the roof.

Everyone's eyes trail to me, "I'll go talk to him." I say to them before heading to the roof.

I open the door to the roof and see Newt sitting on the ledge staring into nothing, I walk up next to him and he turns his head. "Sorry about that, back there." He says, "I guess I can't hide this anymore." He rolls up his sleeve on his right arm, the only thing to see are purple, green, and blue veins trailing up his arm. He's been infected.

I kneel down to get a better look, and a feeling of dread washes over me. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him, he turns to look back at me, "it's not gonna make any difference. WICKED must've put me in the maze for a reason, so they could tell the difference between the immunes and people like me." He says.