Chapter 8: Getting What's Important

(Newt's POV)

Tommy had already left with Y/N and Teresa, or at least that's what I heard. "Newt you need to head out, remember the short cut I showed you and get into WICKED from the back." Gally says, I look to him and nod before putting on my WICKED helmet and walking out where Tommy, Y/N, and Teresa had left.

The plan was for Tommy to walk with Teresa and Y/N into WICKED, I had to sneak around the back and meet up with them. Gally was going to head downstairs and meet up with us then, Brenda would be taking a bus and waiting for the other kids, while Fry...well he'll do what he has to do.

~~Time Skip~~

Before I knew it I was in front of WICKED's back entrance, I walked in through the door with no question from the other guards. I walk inside WICKED and see scanners that people are walking through, I start to panic and slow down as I get closer to the scanners. I look around and see a men's bathroom, I quickly walk towards it but instead of going in I walk past it and miss the scanners. 

I let out a sigh of relief and begin to walk through the small crowd around me, when the crowd clears I'm able to get a glimpse of Y/N. I walk faster and soon enough Tommy and Teresa come into view too. 

When close enough, I stop in front of them. Y/N gives me a look, and I nod heading towards the elevator. They follow after me and Tommy presses the button, he looks back and begins to press the button rapidly, I look behind us and see a WICKED guard watching us.

I then hear a ding! And the elevator doors open, I put my hand on the lower part of Y/N's back and lead her in. I get in the back of the elevator next to Tommy, Y/N was in front of me and Teresa was right beside her. 

The elevator was less than an inch away of closing when a hand had stopped it, and then Janson came saying, "hold it." He pressed the button of the floor he was going to and took a place next to Teresa. "I see you two are back" he says looking to Y/N and Teresa, "she forgot something." Y/N says putting her hand behind her back, I look at it and hold it in my hand. 

"Well Y/N, why you're here do me a favor and find the files. We need more." Janson says looking to Y/N once more before looking straight ahead. Minutes had passed, we were getting close to our floor when Janson says, "Teresa. Thomas is here." Teresa slowly turns her head to Janson with a shocked look, but before she could say anything the elevator dinged opening to our level. 

Teresa walked out first, then Y/N, then me, and then Tommy. We walk down the stairs into where the parking is, a glass wall separating us. On the other side a WICKED guard walks with us, but once an opening comes he joins and walks in front of us. 

(Your POV)

After the WICKED guard joined us we walked into the stairwells, Gally took off his mask and said, "wait I have to do something for Lawrence!" He begins to work on some sort of electrical system, Teresa takes a seat on the on the steps as Thomas talks on the walki-talki with someone.

I decide to take a seat next to Teresa, and I watch Newt take off his mask and begin to cough rapidly, I look to Teresa concerned and she watches him with the same expression. When he calms down I get up and ask if he's alright, he nods his head and I rub my hand on his cheek until I notice something.

Light purple, blue, and green veins trailing up his neck. I look up to him and see he's staring right back at me, "Newt." I whisper to him, his face turns to a sad expression, "I'm sorry Y/N." He whispers back with a tear dropping down his face, I pull him into a hug. 

"It's not your fault Newt." I whisper, seconds passed and me and Newt pulled away when Thomas said. "Okay we have to go!" Teresa got up and I followed after her, we came across a door that lead into a short hallway.