Chapter 3: Road Trip!

(Newt's POV)

It was the middle of the night, everyone was fast asleep except for me, Frypan, and Tommy. Knowing Tommy, he would obviously sneak out on his own and try to save Minho and Y/N. Since he would probably die, me and Fry came up with a plan.

I begin to here rustling on the other end of the building, as the sounds got closer I closed my eyes. But once they passed me I opened them again and it was of course Tommy. He exited the building and I looked over to Fry, he looked back to me and nodded. I quickly got out of my hammock, got my bag, and headed towards where we keep the vehicles.

~~Time Skip~~

It seemed like I was waiting forever, what could be taking so bloody long? But then I hear it, footsteps on the metal flooring heading our way, I turned off the light on the desk and waited for Tommy's arrival. Just when the footsteps got close enough I turned on the light, "where do you think you're going then?" I say revealing myself to Tommy.

"Newt" before he could say more I cut him off, "don't be a twat about it." He sighed knowing I wasn't going to go away, "look even if we did find Minho we can't get him out with just the two of us." He says noticing the car.

"Well you need all the help you can get" I then walk towards the car and open the drivers seat to reveal Fry, he smiles at Tommy and I lean back against the car waiting for him to say something. But since he doesn't, "we started this together. We may as well end it that way too." 

Without hesitation he says, "alright. Lets go save them." I smile and get into the backseat while he gets shotgun. "Last city here we come!" Fry says starting the car, I notice Tommy getting out the map that Jorge had shown us earlier that day. He explained, and showed where and how to get to the last city. I was determined to get them back.

I didn't realize it until now, but I was extremely tired. I guess I didn't get much sleep, so as the boys stay silent I decide to take a little nap.

The sound of the box filled the air, it meant a greenie would be coming any minute. I rushed to the box as fast as I can but my limp was of course slowing me down. When I got to the box Tommy opened the gates and jumped down, "holy klunk!" He said making everyone get a better look. I peered into the metal cage only to see a lifeless body, Y/N.

I immediately jumped into the box and knelt down to check for any signs of life, I listened for breathing. Nothing. I listened for a heart beat. Nothing. I checked her pulse. Nothing. I looked around the box for something that could've killed her but there was nothing, not even Teresa. I checked her pockets and I finally felt something. I pulled it out to reveal a sheet of paper folded, I unfolded it to see a long letter. Not like the one Teresa had.

Dear Newt.

You may be wondering why I'm dead, and you may be heartbroken about it. But I had no choice, it was either stay with WICKED or come up the box. I chose to go up the box, I wanted to see you, I wanted to see those beautiful brown eyes. I honestly don't know what happened, I was in the box and everything started to get dizzy. I could feel something trailing up my arm and to my head, and that's when I died. And now you may be wondering, how did you know all of this was gonna happen. Well I didn't, I had wrote this note from the afterlife, and put it in my pocket on my lifeless body. It may seem impossible I know, but its true, and I'm always watching after you Newt. Cause I love you. I love you so much.

"What does it say Newt?" Someone asked from outside the box, I put the note into my pocket and said, "nothing." I then got out of the box and headed for the deadheads, I was holding back my tears until I found a tree just right. I can't believe she's bloody gone, I thought to myself.

"Okay what did I say in the note?!" I hear a familiar voice say from above me, I looked up and saw nothing. "Y/N?" I said looking around, it was silent until. "Yep that's me! I told you I would be watching after you!" I heard her say but she was still nowhere to be seen, "where are you?!" I said facing every direction. Until, I felt two arms grasp my arms but there was no one there.

"I'm right here Newtie." She said, I just stared at where the voice came from. "Why can't I see you?" I said to nothing, I felt the note being lifted out of my pocket and it was suddenly floating. "Like I said, that afterlife!" I could tell she was getting annoyed, I can't believe this is happening. I can't believe this is actually happening! I hugged what seemed like nothing but I soon felt arms wrap around me too. "I love you" I said, "I love you too Newtie." She said back.

I wake up to my head being banged on the car door, "bloody hell!" I say rubbing my head. I take in my surroundings and realize I'm back in the car, it was all a bloody dream. "Sleep well?" I hear Tommy ask, "yeah I had the craziest dream!" I say to him, he looks at me in the rear view mirror. "Explain it for us please!" He says looking back to me. I sigh but explain it.

After explaining Tommy couldn't stop staring at me, I raised an eyebrow at him. "Newt I really hate to say this but, back in the maze I had these dreams about Teresa and WICKED. And it turned out that they were true, so what if Y/N. Is ya know. Dead?" He says looking away afterwards.

"Don't even bloody speak of that!" I yell. 

~~Time Skip~~

No one has said a word after my comment, I ponder on the thought. What if she's really dead? What if my mind was trying to tell me something?

I get interrupted when the car stops, I get out and see a tunnel with vines growing all over it. Kind of reminds me of the glade. "Now I don't want to come across too negative, but if I was a crank that's exactly where I would be." I say looking to Tommy, he checks the map and then back at the tunnel. "Well we have no choice." He says, I sigh at the thought, "alright I get shotgun." I say walking back to the car.

(Teresa's POV)

I watch Minho struggle for dear life, but it's for a good cause. It's for a good cause. Doctor Paige was next to me, I decide to start a conversation. "How's Y/N?" I say still staring at Minho, I can see her turn to me in the corner of my eye so I turn to her. "She's improving, and will soon work with us again." She says with a smile, I smile back and face Minho. I didn't want Doctor Paige to wonder what I was thinking. 

She would have all her memories back, but what I hate is that she'll forget everything. From the beginning of the maze, to now. I really hated the thought of her forgetting Newt, she loved him with all her heart and he did too. But she won't now, she won't even know him at all.