Yoongi stood up, cautious as not to disturb Jiwon, and ambled towards his bookshelf. Shoving his hands inside his pockets, he stared at the line of books in front of him.

Unbeknownst to him, the lady on his bed shifted subtly and groggily opened her eyes, the light from the lamp blinding her momentarily.

Feeling her fingers, she lifted her left hand and a pinprick sensation made her immediately drop it back to her side. Her right hand reached for the cloth on her forehead. She shut her eyes for a brief second, and as she blinked back to her surroundings, Jiwon caught Yoongi's figure through the corner of her eyes.

Jiwon's gaze seemed to have some sort of telepathic message, that Yoongi whipped his head at her direction too quickly. His brows shot up and he dragged his feet to the bed.

Jiwon carefully sat up with Yoongi's assistance, stacking pillows behind her.

And then silence fell upon them.

"You okay?" Yoongi broke in. A stupid question brought about by his unwillingness to let the silence cloud them.

Jiwon slipped a smile on her face. "I'm okay."

"Liar."

"Who told you to ask?" Jiwon retaliated, a faint chuckle left her lips. "I probably look like shit and you ask me if I'm okay?"

"Standard question..." Yoongi shrugged. "But I was hoping you'd be honest." Yoongi inched closer to the nightstand. He poured water into the glass and handed it to Jiwon.

"The doctor said you need to eat and sleep properly," he told her. "You have all the time to nag me about my health when you don't even take care of your own."

Yoongi glared at Jiwon, but his milky eyes failed to intimidate her, causing Jiwon to simply adore his sleepy expression.

"I'm cutting down your privileges to order me around, Kim Jiwon."

Jiwon scrunched up her nose. Even so, the smile lingered on her lips. She twisted her upper body only to be halted by Yoongi before she could extend her arm. He took the glass from her hand.

"I have no idea how to return that back." He pointed at the IV attached to her hand and sat beside her. "So just stay still. Much better, go back to sleep."

Complying, Jiwon laid back on the bed and requested for the light switched off. In the darkness, she could hear Yoongi shuffling on his feet. The bed dipped as he settled himself on his side.

"What's the time?" she asked, the coarseness of her voice noticeable.

"Time for you to be asleep."

"You weren't sleeping when I woke up, though."

"That's because I'm not sick," he said. "Now stop wasting your energy over useless arguments."

"Are we arguing?"

Yoongi didn't answer.

"Is talking to you useless?" she pressed further, and when no response arrived, she turned her head sideways, trying to make out Yoongi's features in the dark.

Her eyes trailed from his messy hair to the curve of his nose, down to his lips ajar. Jiwon's laugh came out as a hushed exhale.

"Hey, Yoongi," whispered Jiwon. "Can I hold your hand?"

No response.

"Just until I fall asleep?" Her tone sounded hopeful and laced with quirk, yet it failed to elicit a response from the man beside her. "I guess that's a no?"

Letting out an amused sigh, Jiwon stared up at the ceiling, admiring the stillness of the dark. A wry smile slipped on her face.

"Sleep tight, Min Yoongi," she muttered under her breath.

Jiwon wasn't exactly disappointed, though she'd be lying to say she hadn't hoped for him to lend her his hand. Given the silence, she assumed Yoongi had finally fallen asleep. He had so much to mind, and her adding up to his concerns surely burdened him, she assumed.

So it astonished Jiwon when warm fingers suddenly wrapped her cold ones, her right hand enclosed in a protective retreat.

"Stop talking and go to sleep."

yes, hello, I'm alive! aaa sorry for the long wait (again). is anyone still reading/anticipating for updates? can I get a pulse through a vote or comment? I do hope you somehow, at least, liked this chapter. also, thank you so much for being patient! lately, I've been really busy with uni, including org duties and other extra-curricular stuff that I need to balance with sleep and my social life, though of course, that's not really much of an excuse for updating very late. so I'm really thankful for you all being very understanding and patient. please take care of yourselves and stay healthy! all the love as always.