~Twenty-Seven~

Namjoon's POV

Jin's hands shook as he read the single white letter in his hand. Yoongi, gone. How could this have happened? He was so happy before he left. One single thing seemed to change every little thing about him. Without Jimin, he seemed to have lost all hope.

It felt like we had all lost a family member. 

"I-Is he really gone?" asked Jungkook. Tae was holding onto him in fear that he might break. This had hit us all really hard, but I think it hit Jungkook the hardest. 

"Yes, he is." Jin replied. His eyes were red, bloodshot. The only thing I had seen him so since we came over was cry. It broke my heart. The one that I loved with all my heart was broken, ripped apart. He had lost someone he considered to be like his son. 

I walked over and took him in my arms. "Baby." He burst into tears and buried his head in my chest. "Shh, baby it's going to be okay."

He sniffled before saying, "Why did this have to happen, Namjoon? Why did he have to leave us like this?"

I played with his hair, twisting it around my fingers and petting his head softly. "I don't know. Maybe it was just his time to go."

He nodded and backed away. "I have to stay strong. We all have to. For Yoongi. He wouldn't want to see us like this. He'd want us to forget him and move on."

"But I don't want to forget him! He was like my brother. I looked up to him!" Jungkook yelled.

"I know you don't. None of us want to. He's gone but he'll always be with us. Gone but not forgotten." I replied.

Taehyung hadn't said anything this whole time. He just cradled Kook in his arms and stared off sadly into nowhere. Until he said asked the question none of us wanted to answer.

"Who's going to tell Jimin?"

_____________

"Hey Jimin? It's Namjoon. How's college so far?"

"Oh hey Joon! It's great, why are you calling?"

I bit my lip and took a deep breath. "Is there anyway you can take off a day from school? You need to come home immediately."

"Why? Is something wrong?" He asked. 

"I'll explain it all once you're here."

"Okay.. I'll be over in a few hours I guess."

"Thank you Jimin. I'm sorry in advance."

"Sorry for wha-"

I ended the call. 

This was going to break his heart, and none of us wanted to do that.

_____

Ding Dong

We all froze and looked towards the door. I nodded and stood up, walking over to go open it. 

Jimin stood in the door frame. His hair was newly dyed purple. His shirt was white and he wore dark ripped jeans. A hint of a smiled danced on his face. "Hey Namjoon."

I grabbed him into a hug and started sobbing quietly. "I'm so sorry Jiminie."

He backed out of the hug and looked at me. "What are you sorry for?"

I led him into the living room of Jin's house. We handed him the letter. 

He sat down and read it quietly while we all looked down in sympathy. When he finished, he looked up at us. A small smile was plastered on his face, his eyes looked empty and sad. 

"M-My angel's gone... My angel's fucking gone!"

He broke down into tears, falling onto the floor and grabbing the carpet for support. He started to scream, sadness evident in his voice. All we could see and hear was Jimin rolling around while crying and screaming on the floor. 

That's the only thing we heard for the next few days.