16.

"I don't understand." Nate finally replies after one long minute of silence.

"I have been informed that other creatures have been attacked too." I try to explain, I thought this was clear.

"You mean other wolves ?"

"No. I mean Yetis, gnomes and even vampires." I roll my eyes.

"Come on, everyone knows these are just stories parents tell their kids. I don't have the time to play your games. I'm not the pups."

I look at him in disbelief. Is he serious ?

"You... what...if" I'm at a loss for words. How can he be a wolf and not believe in a supernatural world.

This pack is way beyond saving. I'm not sure I want to help them anymore.

"How can you think there is nothing out there except werewolves ?"

"Hope, stop joking around."

I lift a hand to shut him up and retrieve my phone in my back pocket to send a quick text to Leila, asking her to come meet me in his office. I'm not sure if I'll leave with her once she's here or try and reason with him. This situation is hopeless. I wait in silence, racking my brain around the fact that my supposed mate in a conceited brat. After a few minutes there is a soft knock on the door.

"Hope ?" Leila asks in a whisper.

I go to open the door and let her in, Jared still standing next to it.

"Come on in too, you both are too dumb for my liking." I grumble and am met with irritated growls and glares from the two men.

But I mean, everyone knows that we are not alone out there ! The little green guys and all.

"Explain to me how you can be so clueless when you have a Library full of the history of this world." I demand.

"They are just stories." Jared rolls his eyes at me.

I swear under my breath and extend my hand to Leila who is sizing the two of them with as much incredulity as me.

Marcus really needs to up his game. This is unacceptable. An alpha can't be unaware of the world outside of his borders, that's dangerous.

"Did you never leave this place ?" She questions.

"I'm not as free as you." Nate interrupts her, ticked off. "I have responsibilities, I can't go everywhere I want and just race cars and play cards."

That was definitely aimed at me.

I sigh and grab the files she's handing me. I look at the first one and pick out a few pictures of my own. Pictures I took with other creatures during my recent travels. On them we can clearly see that they are not humans.

'Never thought your holiday in Cancun would come in handy.'

I give them to the boys and wait for their reactions. Nate frowns and squeezes his eyes at them and Jared just looks lost.

"This is the tribe of yetis I was talking about last time, this is Bertha, a goblin I know, and here this is Ralph. He's a dwarf and a great friend of mine." I point at the different creatures on the pieces of paper.

Then I take the box Leila is still holding and open it to show its contents. I turn to Jared wanting to make sure he listens carefully.

"These are the scale and tooth of a dragon, those are a claw and a feather of a griffin." I inform him lifting the gold feather which texture is like nothing else, it's soft and light eventhough it's pure gold.