As I ran the water to warm it up before I stepped in the shower, I tried to distract my mind from negative thoughts by playing my songs with Drew in my head. I pictured my fingers gliding over the keys as I stripped down and stepped under the water. I heard the harmonies Drew and I created and saw him smiling as he did what he loved most; playing his guitar.

When both of our songs ended and I had nothing else to distract my thoughts, my mind wandered back to everything that happened.

Until now, the fact that the person responsible for my family's death was now dead, didn't really dawn on me. I was so worried about Drew that I didn't let myself dwell on anything else.

As I stood under a stream of hot water I realized that I didn't have to worry about being threatened, or have to wonder who killed my family. I didn't have to be scared of being alone, or for the lives of everyone I cared about.

Once Drew woke up, my life could finally go back to normal. At least as normal as life could get when your family was dead.

Overwhelmed by relief and grief, I finally let myself cry for the first time since everything with Peter happened. I had to be strong for Drew, but right now I wasn't with him, I could let myself feel and hurt and cry.

I cried and cried until I didn't have any tears left, and when I was done I stepped out of the shower and quickly got dried off and dressed.

As I exited the bathroom I was suddenly hit by a wave of fatigue, and decided to sleep for a couple hours before going back to the hospital.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

What was that noise?

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

When I realized what the buzzing was I shot up in bed and frantically scanned the room for my phone.

Once I spotted it on the floor I dove for it and quickly answered.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice groggy with sleep.

I cleared it as the person on the other end spoke.

"You gotta get to the hospital Cora, quick." Sky said, and it took me a minute to realize what she said because there was loud beeping and yelling in the background.

My heart dropped, something was happening with Drew.

"I'll be right there." I told her, hanging up without waiting for her reply. I needed to get to the hospital as soon as possible.

I grabbed my keys and called Matt as I made my way into the hallway.

"Hello?" He answered, his voice deep and tired. I must've woken him up.

"Meet me in the parking lot, we need to go to the hospital, now." I instructed, and again hung up without waiting for a reply.

I jogged to the parking lot and was surprised to see Matt already waiting in his car.

He must've ran to get here that fast.

"What's going on?" He asked when I got into the passenger seat, immediately driving out of the parking lot once I closed my door.

I shook my head, "I don't know, but it sounded urgent, and there was a lot of commotion going on in the background."

Matt's hands tightened on the steering wheel, and for the first time since this all happened, I realized that Drew's condition didn't just affect me. Cody and Matt were his best friends, they were just as scared as I was.

I wasn't alone this time, other people were hurting and worried just like I was.

I placed a comforting hand on Matt's arm, "He's going to be okay."

He had to be.

Matt briefly glanced over at me and gave me a grateful smile, and not long after that we arrived at the hospital.

Once we entered the building we ran to Drew's room, taking the stairs because we couldn't wait for an elevator.

Nurses and doctors called after us, saying it was past visiting hours, but we didn't care.

When we were in the hallway Drew's room was in, we saw Sky leaning against the wall.

"Thank god you're here!" She exclaimed when she noticed us.

I ignored her and burst into the room, caught off guard when I saw Drew upright in bed, conscious.

"You're okay." I breathed, my eyes widening in disbelief.

Sky made it sound like something bad was happening when she called. I was expecting Drew to be dying, not awake.

Relief washed over Drew's face as I stood there, staring at him.

Why did he look relieved?

Without a word I rushed over to him and carefully gave him a hug.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again." I whispered into his chest.

"I don't plan on it." He replied.

I started to pull away from the embrace but Drew pulled me closer, making my heart melt.

He was awake.

He was alive.

Everything was going to be okay.

After a minute I pulled away just enough to look at his face.

He looked less pale than when I'd last seen him, and his blue grey eyes were more captivating than ever.

As I studied his face my eyes trailed down to his lips, and after a moment of contemplation, I threw caution to the wind and pressed my lips to his.

I pulled away a second later and took a seat on the chair beside Drew's bed.

"If I knew getting shot would earn me a kiss from you, I would've gotten shot way sooner." Drew teased.

I scoffed and playfully hit his arm.

He was going to be just fine.